This Disappears When Logged In

Baby Jackson's Eye Infection

Discussion in 'Chameleons' started by Evozakira, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Evozakira

Evozakira Elite Member

So right now I have 3 Baby Jackson's that are almost 2 months old. They are in a exo terra 12x12x12 with a hood that has a exo terra 2.0 uvb ( getting the 5.0 friday but i had this one being not used at the moment. They have a background/ hanging plants/ vines to climb around on. There temps are between 78-80 overall during the day with a drop to no lower than 73 at night. I mist them through out the days and watch them drink the water and it doesnt stay wet to long so no RI's issues since they need all screen tanks. This is easier untill they are a little larger so ill build one soon. Anyways, so I noticed one baby has a swollen eye today. It seems to be closed or just barely open. I think i can kinda see the eye a little. He uses the other eye well and even went after and ate crickets today. He has no other signs of illness but gets a little grumpy if you pick him up but who wouldnt be if you had a bad eye. Im thinking he either got something in it or maybe poked in the eye since the babys sometimes climb over each other if they meet on a vine. It can also be a infection and know you would use Terramycin® Eye Ointment to treat it. I wont be able to pick some up till Friday when I get paid and wondered if there was maybe a cheaper product I could get now at a local shop or something I can do to help him so it dont get worst. Any ideas? Can take picture of eye and set up if needed.

2. Evozakira

Evozakira Elite Member

Update. I'm reading some place that Exo Terra Compact UVB bulbs are bad? If so please let me know since I have been using the 2.0 on my pacman frog and Tokay gecko since February. I also have the 10.0 long on my tortoise since April.

3. Evozakira

Evozakira Elite Member

No chameleon people here?