This Disappears When Logged In

Baby high casqued!!!!

Discussion in 'Chameleons' started by Ian, Apr 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ian

Ian Site Donator

Finally, after months of waiting, my female high casqued cham gave birth!!! 23 little live young, they are soooo cute! Here are a few pics of them:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

cheers guys,
    Ian

2. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

They are gorgeous Ian, what little beauties :D

3. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

So cool. I didn't know chams gave birth to live young... never thought to research it!
    23!? Wow! I bet the mother is exhausted!!
    The babies are beautiful. I love the last pic where it's hand it just starting to grasp. They look so alien!
    Congratulations Ian!

4. venus

venus Founding Member

IAN, they are adorable. I cant believe how tiny they are. Thanks for sharing.

5. Ian

Ian Site Donator

yeah, cheers guys, they really are just sooooo cute!!! Black jack, there are a fair few spp that are live bearers,a dn most of them are montane species, which I am concentrating most on.
    Cheers,
    Ian

6. smallgrayfox

smallgrayfox Contributing Member

Oh my gosh! They're so cute! :)

7. CodyW

CodyW Elite Member

Sweet pics Ian!!! 23 Live births :eek: Can you post a picture of the mum(since you're in the UK its mum right :) ?)? You're gonna have to send me some of those pear tree branches!

8. Mr. T

Mr. T Established Member

thats awsome man! awsome job

9. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

AWWW those are such tiny sweet babies!!! :D

10. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

they're so adorable! congrats! :D

11. Ian

Ian Site Donator

cheers guys, they are doing really well, although apparently the deaths start to happen after about 6-8 weeks, so, only time can tell....
    Cheers,
    Ian

12. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

So the babies are pretty hard to raise? What is it that causes the problems?

13. Ian

Ian Site Donator

I dunno, I think mainly it is humidity and temperatue fluctuations, and also, some are born weak or unhealthy, so they will die, and you get these probs from most live bearers. Once they are getting a bit older though, they are as easy to raise as their parents, so hopefully after then, it should be an easy ride!
    Cheers,
    ian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.