This Disappears When Logged In

Another Sleepless Night.My Ball Python Died After Eating.

Discussion in 'Ball Pythons' started by Andi, Dec 28, 2013.

1. Andi

Andi New Member

My name is Andi. Just joined.Thank you for having me :) I am just sick about my python("NoFeet"). I have had him about 5 years.No new or recent change in anything.I purchased to frozen rats from Pet Smart.No-Feet was perfect.Fed him rat #1.I think i am responsble for his death bc I dozed off for about 4 hours.(he was in feeder tank) I woke up in a panic but he was fine. Gave him rat #2.Again he was perfect.The next day my dog was acting strange near the snakes cage.I looked and thought how good he looked.But then something didnt sit right.He was dead. Hee was loosely coiled(his norm relaxed mode) no sign of any obvious distress.He did regurgitate one of the rats.Any info would be great.So dufficult not knowing.Thank you for your help.
  2. CourtneyAnn

CourtneyAnn Elite Member

I am so sorry about your loss. I am not sure exactly why he died, you could have a necropsy done. I hope others are able to help figure out this mystery, but regurgitation is really bad for them. Some questions I can think of are: Did he have a heat source in the feeder tank? What were his temps in there? What about the temps when you put him back? How large was he? Why was he on two rats (were they small for him, or maybe it was just too much)? Did the rat sit out thawed for those hours (thawed rat goes bad kinda quick in my experience, and rotten food is really bad for them, too)?
  3. CourtneyAnn

CourtneyAnn Elite Member

Another question I thought of, you said you had him for five years, how old was he when you got him?