This Disappears When Logged In

Angus Swallowed Something

Discussion in 'Green Iguanas' started by jfogle78, Jan 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jfogle78

jfogle78 Elite Member

It looks like a piece of plastic grocery bag, its still hanging out of his vent. What can I give him to make him poop?

2. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

You can VERY GENTLY pull on it and see if it moves. If not I would try giving him a good soak or rubbing some water based lubricant all around his vent.

It may not be a bad idea to have a professional remove it.

How big is Angus?

Keep him warm, keep offering food (if nothing is going in then nothing is going to be pushed out the other end.)

3. jfogle78

jfogle78 Elite Member

He is 12 & 1/2 SVL. I did pull on it thinking he just had poop stuck on him and he whipped me. I soaked him but I guess he just doesnt need to poop right now since he already went this morning, thats when I noticed it. He has been eating like crazy since coming out of breeding season, so its not affecting his appetite. I want him to try to pass it naturaly since it is coming out on its own.

4. jfogle78

jfogle78 Elite Member

I am so lucky! He pooped it out, I saw him go to his potty spot and tugged gently as he pushed and it came right out. 6 X 2 size piece of plastic bag

5. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

That sounds like my cat Sam when he used to eat rubber bands...

6. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Thats great that its out!
    Darned igs will swallow anything!

7. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

Okay I will say it...glad it all came out well in the end! LOL :p

8. jfogle78

jfogle78 Elite Member

It scared the **** out of me! The last few days have been miserable, first my laptop just died out of no-where so I had to rent one for now, then the power cord on my vacuum blew out had to buy a new one, and then this morning Angus. I was so worried I was going to have to take him to the vet, or even worse that it could be something that would kill him. He is fine, good appetite and all.:)

9. jfogle78

jfogle78 Elite Member

lol!!!!!!!

10. Dominick

Dominick Founding Member

Glad to hear it all turned out well.

In the future, never pull on the item, especially hair. If the item is oriented the wrong way you can perforate the gut and cause real damage.

As long as the Ig is not in pain; Best thing to do is what you did, wait until nature takes it's course.

Don't ya just love them!

11. SurvivorSteph

SurvivorSteph Subscribed User Premium Member

He must feel SO much better! Poor baby!!! You should probably keep a closer eye on him when he's free roaming--you might not be so lucky next time! :(

12. labelleninirose

labelleninirose Elite Member

Wow! I would never want to live this with my Charlie!!! I'm happy he is alright!!!!

13. jfogle78

jfogle78 Elite Member

I really don't know where or when he would have eaten it, he hasn't been coming out of his cage the past couple days since he is coming out of season. But I will be more watchful, I couldn't stand losing my little guy like that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.