This Disappears When Logged In

Anacondas

Discussion in 'Boas *General*' started by boaterr, Feb 1, 2011.

1. boaterr

boaterr Well-Known Member

P1000647.jpg
    P1000646-1.jpg
    Finally a Green that eats Rabbits.
    P1000596-1.jpg
    P1000636-1.jpg ]
    P1000635-1.jpg
    The shy Green
    P1000612-1.jpg

Attached Files:

2. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Gorgeous! Great colors :) Now is that a lump from a rabbit!

3. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Nice, just a little to big for me to manage though. ;)

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Is there some sort of issue with them eating rabbits?

5. boaterr

I forgot to add her eating the rabbit, it should be posted now.

6. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

It is a bunny lump!

7. boaterr

Many Anacondas refuse to eat everything except fish and poultry, it can take years before you get one on rabbits. It does make sense because Condas in the wild mostly eat fish and young birds until they get big enough to start feeding on the larger animals.

8. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

I never knew that they had to be introduced to rabbits- it does make sense though. Good information, if I ever have to rescue one. Thanks for the information. ;)

9. Flint

Flint Elite Member

Is that true for yellows as well? I know its a long ways off, but a yellow is definitely in my future. I'm absolutely in love with them lol. Someday ill be ready.. Lol

10. boaterr

Yellows are generally easier to feed in captivity but it is far from uncommon to have a picky eater. However, yellows are far from perfect since they defecate almost everyday. It sounds like a small issue but unless you have an enclosure that makes cleaning very easy it can be a choir to keep multiple yellows.

11. Flint

Flint Elite Member

Yeah I have read about that. I am planning on building a wooden cage and lining it with linolium or something like that. I will probably go with newspaper substrate as well. I see light coming from the tops of the cages, do you use belly heat as well or just the lamps for heat?

12. TamJam

TamJam Elite Member

Beautiful snakes! They look familiar.......:D

13. boaterr

I use Pro Products Radiant Heat Panels, the light is just a non-heat light I picked up at Home Depot. I mostly use Vision Cages and they come with an area for a heat lamp though.