This Disappears When Logged In

Almost Ready! Update + Pics

Discussion in 'Enclosures' started by MorganLeFay, Apr 4, 2015.

1. MorganLeFay

MorganLeFay Elite Member

Hi everyone:)
    I'm happy to say that the heating crisis is finally over. The enclosure is now heated by a 50W, thermostat-controlled heat cable that covers 50% of the floor of the enclosure on the outside. I also bought new substrate, a hollow wooden log and a wooden house for him to hide in. There isn't much yet by way of decor, but I'm working on it:) Unfortunately my digital thermo-hygrometer seems to have crashed, so I'll probably have to spend some money on a new one, unless I can find the warranty somewhere :mad:
    Last time I measured, the cool end was around 75 and the hot end well over 90, so I've turned the thermostat down a bit to get it into the 85-90 range. At night I'll be bringing the temperature down to around 70 by cutting off the power completely - my room is around 70 anyway, so I figured this would make for a good night drop as well as save some $ ;) Anyway, here are some pics of the enclosure. I'll probably get more plants and a new water bowl, because this one is very difficult to handle when doing water changes. Sorry for the quality of some pics, but my camera hates me;)

Attached Files:

2. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

It's always great to finally have a setup running the way you want to without having to adjust things all the time.
    You still have to monitor it though as seasonal changes for sure can throw your temps out of whack.
    I know what you mean about changing some water sloshed everywhere water bowls.