This Disappears When Logged In

Alligator Lizard Egg?

Discussion in 'Alligator Lizards' started by tfpsaila, Jun 28, 2010.

1. tfpsaila

tfpsaila New Member

Hello fellow herpophiles,

I just saved a couple of alligator lizards a couple of days ago from my cat's sinister clutches, and set them up in a Critter Catcher. After making sure they were fully intact (less a couple of tails, thanks to kitty) and no longer in shock, I gave them a bunch of crickets yesterday, which they promptly devoured. Today (being the hot day it is here) I figured would be the perfect time to once again set them free... until my daughter spied a suspiciously oval object in the Catcher, pale yellow and very slightly translucent--it could almost pass in shape, size and color for a lemon-flavored Jelly Belly. Is this a lizard egg? If so, what do I do? I did catch two lizards, and I'm not sure who is responsible for the donation, although I have my hunches based on lizard markings--one has more striking markings, the other is plainer in appearance--that I've rescued one male and one female, respectively. I know snakes (I have an albino corn snake as a pet--he too was a stray way back when--LOOOONG story for another thread perhaps), but not alligator lizards, and especially not their eggs. Help! I don't want anything dying on my watch!

2. JambiG

JambiG Member

I would love to see a picture of it, and the pair.

3. Goodkat

Goodkat Member

Nothern alligator lizards give birth to live young...and they show up from WA down to CA, so it kinda depends on the type of alligator ya got. I believe the rest are regular egg laying types