This Disappears When Logged In

African Clawed Frog Stomach Bulge

Discussion in 'Amphibian - General' started by testro, Feb 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Yes, if you don't have a heater, its going to be whatever your house temp is at. And it would even be a degree or two higher if there are lights on the tank.

If you just put the blood worms in, they will eventually sink.

2. Alyssa

Alyssa Member

The bulge in the side is the food. I have an African clawed frog. Her name is Vera and I was worried at first too. But your frog is fine, just get some good feeder guppies in him or earthworms. Oh and these frogs eat more than their body can handle so feed less. I hope this has helped. Others have been saying the same thing so they're pretty smart! I'm so glad I can try to help!! Good luck
    p.s cute froggie!

3. testro

testro Member

So as for the update... I fed him the freeze dried blood worms I bought and the bulge stayed for the remainder of the evening. That made it 2 entire days that he had the bulge. Well the day after I fed him the blood worms I woke up and he pooped all over the place and there were a couple of those white stones as well, but the bulge was gone. :)

Ah it's nice to see that other people have seen this and it is just the food bulging out of his stomach. I assumed that was the case I was just unsure what the white stones were. Whatever the case Is, he isn't pooping out anymore of those stones since I started giving him the blood worms so I guess he just wasn't digesting the pellets properly.

Thanks for all the help everybody. Clyde frog seems to be pretty content now. If there are anymore problems I'll check back in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.