This Disappears When Logged In

Africa??

Discussion in 'Field Herping' started by KKHerps, Apr 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KKHerps

KKHerps Elite Member

I'm done with the states, so I might be able to go to africa depending on school and work next year!

any advice some people may give me? like some good areas to go to, the heat problem, and safety of the country.

thanks!

2. caudalis_sa

caudalis_sa Elite Member

Well first off as I spoke to you about before. Africa is a BIG continent. Choose the basic area/country you are thinking of heading to.

As for a heat problem...I bet you could find just as hot places in the USA. And as for the saftey of the country....Africa is a continent ;)...pick a country and I can advise( you have 53 countries to choose from!).

3. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

Well safety is a real issue!!! We have roaming wild animals like lions, leopards and elephants![​IMG]

Heat? To us it is normal.:)

4. savannahmon181

savannahmon181 Elite Member

So you will have a lion or elephant in you yard?

5. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

Immm, yes, in MY yard.:)

6. caudalis_sa

caudalis_sa Elite Member

Well it's the same as you would have a bear in your yard if you lived next to yellowstone ;)

Give me a leopard, elephant or lion anyday over a grizzly!

Heat is also relative....i bet there are hotter places in the USA than South Africa.
    Animals are not too much to worry about either, only if you are in reserves or on the borders of them you need to think about mega fauna and apex predators. There are no wild animals in or near the cities...maybe monkeys(but you guys have racoons, possums and skunks!).

Crime can be an issue...but again it all comes down to common sense. I can also get mugged just as easily if i go to the wrong area in NYC. The same applys here. I really don't think its an issue people should stress over, just use common sense and be weary(don't leave somthing valuable lying around unattended in the open. Actually the only time i have ever had someone try and steal something from my person was in New York!!! haha....never while living in South Africa. Lucky i am super alert and have mamba reflexes :D ... poor guy!

7. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

I hope you don't have a poisonous bite!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.