This Disappears When Logged In

A Quick Identification of a Tadpole

Discussion in 'Amphibian - General' started by Frognut, Oct 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frognut

Frognut Subscribed User Premium Member

Re: A Quick Identification of a Tadpole?

Thanks you two... now if they are toads, I can probably keep them. I just build a taller, custom habitat for my Gray's and use the 20gal for the new guys.

Of course I have to figure out what they are still. I was hoping maybe they were American Toad tads, but I did a google search and they didn't look anything like those.

And they guys are not really dark in color. They haven't sprouted their front legs yet, but all three have growing bulges where they will be - and once they do I'll take more pics and hopefully someone can help me figure out what they are for sure.

Frognut

2. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

American Toad tadpole
    [​IMG]

Woodhouse Toad
    [​IMG]

3. Frognut

Frognut Subscribed User Premium Member

Ohhhh I'm tickled. My guys really look like the American Toad pic you posted! Ours might be a shade lighter in real life, but when I photograph them they have that gold-glittery look. And their pouty mouths are similar.

MobileMe Gallery

Hopefully you can view this link - the first 3 pics are the toads when I first found them, and the second 3 were taken just two minutes ago showing them with their legs.

We had a beautiful American Toad, called Harley (Fat Boy) who was living in our basement. He/she disappeared a week or so ago and haven't seen him (or HER) since. We are concerned our dog had a snack (and was sorry she didn't choke on Harley if its true) -- but maybe this was Harley's last act....

Thanks for the pics. I'll start a new thread under Toads later this week because I have a bunch of new questions, and if these guys are toads it goes there.

Thanks a bunch everybody!!

Frognut

4. graduationxday

graduationxday Elite Member

Tadpoles are such cuties x]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.