This Disappears When Logged In

A Little Gem in Michigan

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dragoness, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Ran into people from this institution at the Taylor reptile expo more than once, and finally got around to checking them out. Made a day of it, and went to Ann Arbor.

It's called Great Lakes Zoological Society. It's kind of what I had eventually hoped to do. They take in rescued reptiles, and made a reptile zoo, and a very nice one, too.

Took a few pictures - the enclosures were spacious, and they had a lot of monitors, including a blue tree monitor who was very inquisitive, and came right up the window to investigate the humans staring in his window.

And of course, pics!

Attached Files:

2. Darkbird

Darkbird Moderator Staff Member

Been there. Very nice place. That blue tree came right up to me like he wanted me to feed him. Wish I'd had a camera.

3. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

How wonderful!

4. LovetheBaruu

LovetheBaruu Subscribed User Premium Member

Let me know if you plan to go again- we will meet you there! We go to Ann Arbor for Violin/music necessities.

5. Darkbird

Darkbird Moderator Staff Member

I know we will go again, just not sure when. It's on our way home from the Taylor show, but we have only stopped once. Usually have animals to settle or too much to do at home. Wouldn't be anything to make a special trip though, its less than 30min from me.

6. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

should so plan a field trip and meet-up. another visit is in my future, just not sure when.