This Disappears When Logged In

A Halloween Type Photoshoot!

Discussion in 'Rosy Boas & Sand Boas' started by ReptileDreamer, Oct 7, 2009.

1. ReptileDreamer

ReptileDreamer Well-Known Member

So heres the deal.
    I’m on another reptile forum that is holding a trick or treat type contest so I figured I’d try a few things with Kain, my "mutt" locality rosy boa. I have dead roses hanging upside down in my room and everything and thought I’d use a few as well as use a Dragon puppet thing I have that you control with a wire that is attached to it’s tail. Amazingly, these turned out really well and I’m hoping to get some more with him before the contest ends and maybe some of our Limburg Albino as well!
    Enjoy!

001-2.jpg
    002-2.jpg
    003-1.jpg
    005-1.jpg
    006-1.jpg
    007-1.jpg
    008-1.jpg
    009-1.jpg
    010.jpg
    011-2.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Snakelings

Snakelings Well-Known Member

Absolutely beautiful pictures, and absolutely gorgeous snake!

3. Orca

Orca Elite Member

Nice :) Try adding a fake skull with the rose and taking those shots. I bet they would come out awesome and fit into the Halloween theme.

4. ReptileDreamer

If I had a fake skull I would, that was my original idea!

5. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

The rose pics look great. What about buying like a plastic or styrofoam skull from a party store or Halloween store? Maybe they have something for cheap that you could use. And afterwards you could use it as decoration! :) You can never have too many Halloween decorations!

6. ReptileDreamer

We actually went to a Halloween store yesterday and they honestly didn't have anything to good for skulls otherwise I would have got one in a heart beat. They had some cool plastic roses that were white with fake blood spatter on them I wanted to get, they were $2 each. Hopefully we'll go to another store that will have more selection.

7. DarkMagician207

Aw that's a bummer. :( Hope you find a good one. :)

8. ReptileDreamer

Yea, hopefully. Maybe we'll manage to go to another store tomorrow or something if I'm lucky

9. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

You could always drape her over a tombstone, real or fake, whatever is accessible.

10. ReptileDreamer

First, it's a him!
    Second, I don't have any fake tombstones or real ones around here so that is out of the question also :-\
    It is a good idea though

11. Snakelings

I just realized that the dragon in the picture is a Woodbaby!! :) You get extra props for having a Woodbaby....

12. ReptileDreamer

I actually have 3!

13. DarkMagician207

They seem similar to the ones they have at the Ren Faires. I have 3 of those. Are they?

14. ReptileDreamer

I can take pictures of my 3 and show you if you want me to. I walked around all day last year with that dragon on my shoulder and I had the wire going down into my shirt and going through my belt loops to make it look like it was real. I tell you what, it's a bit uncomfortable in the heat though lol

15. Snakelings

I have two of them that I picked up at the ren-fest in MN.

16. ReptileDreamer

The Dragon I used in those pics is my newest one even though I've had it probably over 6 years. My first one was a small cat that I got when they first started making them and then I have a BIG griffon.

17. Snakelings

I have a baby griffon and a big cat with wings.

18. ReptileDreamer

Let me get some full shots of mine real quick and I'll post them!

The Cat (it doesn't have a long wire like the big ones but it can still move)
    003.jpg

The Griffon:
    002.jpg

Then the dragon which you've all seen! (the wings bend)
    001.jpg

Attached Files:

• 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      107.8 KB
      Views:
    • 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      175.3 KB
      Views:
    • 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      157.7 KB
      Views:
  19. DarkMagician207

They're really cute. :)

They do seem similar to my 3 only the wires and some of the body structure is different.

I do agree that having the wires down your shirt all day gets uncomfortable lol. I took all 3 of the ones I have to the Ren Faire one year and had one on each shoulder and held one. Wasn't the brightest of ideas.:rolleyes:

20. ReptileDreamer

Yea that probably wasn't a good idea!
    Last year I bought a walking stick where the top of it is a incense burner and I got this two headed wooden dragon thing that goes at the top where the smoke from the incense comes out through the nose and mouth. I walked around with that and my dragon on my shoulder almost all day. It was hot that day to, probably 90s and walking around with that thing while wearing a black shirt (yea, my stupid mistake) gets EXTREMELY hot and uncomfortable lol