This Disappears When Logged In

2 Baby Cwd!dont Know The Sex?!

Discussion in 'Water Dragons' started by bananasmc, Aug 24, 2017.

Tags:
  1. bananasmc

bananasmc New Member

Okay so I've had my first cwd for about 3mon now and just got a new one and have had it since late July. I know it's not a good idea to put two in one enclosure but I did. For the first month or so they seemed fine. They would lay next to each other and I never saw/heard fighting. But I recently saw one of them (the smaller new one) chase the other (older bigger one) and then stopped and started waving?! I also don't know the sex so I don't know if this could be a mating call or aggression? They are currently laying right next to each other with no problems that I can see.

2. AmityReptiles

AmityReptiles Well Established Member

Yeah you can't keep these together. Laying by, or climbing on each other is a dominance display, they are competing for resources and territory, not "getting along". Arm waving in this case is a display of aggression when it's preceded by chasing. It can also indicate fear. You need to separate these immediately regardless of sex. One lizard will inevitably suffer health problems and both will suffer problems due to extreme stress.

3. bananasmc

bananasmc New Member

Thank you!