This Disappears When Logged In

1st Meeting of the Providence Herp Society

Discussion in 'Herp Awareness' started by Kikai, Feb 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kikai

Kikai Elite Member

Hi everyone!
    I want to announce that we are going to try and start up a Herp Society in RI. The RI Herp Society has been inactive for over 2 years. Chris from Regal's and a HUGE bunch of other people are going to be meeting this Wednesday (2/9/05?) at 7pm in the education room of Regal Reptiles. Kids and families are welcome. We will be voting for various positions (secretary, president, etc) and seeing what we can brainstorm. The plan is to have regular speakers at Regal's, field trips for local herping, a web page, and a newsletter. It will be a great chance to network, meet other herpers in your local area, and contribute to a much needed organization in RI. Hopefully, we can start up some adoption links. I know there are some local people here. I'll be there, with my kids and husband, as well as Heather.
    Hope to see you!!!

2. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Hello,
    Thats great news! Hopefully things will work out and take off. Perhaps I will take a visit over there and sit in on the meeting to see how things go or are propsed to go. Thanks for the heads up. :D

3. venus

venus Founding Member

Sounds awesome Kathy..Congrats

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Sounds like a great idea Kathy! :D
    Sounds like a great time!

5. Ace

Ace Elite Member

Great

That sounds like a good plan! :D

Just while we are on this subject I have been thinking and I know it is far fetched but I still dont know what I want to do when I grow up and I was thinking if I could get the funding and the help I would start a Herp rescue and adoption agancie its just a thought but something I would love to do....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.