This Disappears When Logged In

1st F/T Meal =)

Discussion in 'Ball Pythons' started by Sinlightened, May 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinlightened

Sinlightened Elite Member

Gonzo ate his first f/t meal tonight, I have tried a couple times before but he never took it, but I fed him regularly about 4 weeks straight, and then took a couple weeks off, went on a work trip for a week, and when I came back tried again.. and he took it right away the first time =) lets hope this trend continues!

2. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

That deserves a huge Congratulations!!! As long as he does not get anything else he will continue to eat F/T. Well done!:D

3. Chris1974

Chris1974 Elite Member

well...that was easy! Congratulations.

4. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Good news!

5. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

WOOOHOOO!!!! Congratulations, I know you are a proud father and I am sure the success will continue. I am very happy for you and Gonzo.

6. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Congratulations!!!! Great job! You never have to go back now.
    You should expect finicky eating from your BP now and then, but don't be tempted to go back to live. When he's hungry enough, he'll take F/T. :)

7. Maya

Maya Elite Member

Congratulations, I say with envy.

8. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

congrats, I know what a battle that can be (I'm still fighting it with one of mine - Thankfully, only one of them.)

9. Gracelikerain18

Gracelikerain18 Elite Member

Yes, congratulations. I have tried feeding f/t to mine and she wouldn't take it. We're going to try stunned though.

10. 1melissa3

1melissa3 Elite Member

=) Great accomplishment. My hubby still prefers the live feed, but I'm not too disappointed because he is doing more and more and becoming much more confident with them on his own. He will probably come to change his mind in time, but until he does, we have to keep such a close eye on the snakes, as they are very timid and we've come across MICE that, well, they fight for their life and bite at the snake. We've not had any recently, but once or twice was enough for me to worry about the snakes. I don't worry about the boa at all, as she has a very strong feeding response and snatches at the rats as soon as we put them in. The bps are sooooo head shy and timid. I don't know if they will ever be much different. They do come out to see us when we open the cage and they even watch us. =) If I didn't know "better" =) I would think they want attention. . . =) They love each other, though, and they are always on top of one another. It is so funny to watch the female come out looking the male, as she always does when he moves to the other hide. =) I am so lovin' it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.