This Disappears When Logged In

10 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Amphibian - General' started by Chellbag, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Chellbag

Chellbag New Member

First post on this account. I had to make a new one, because it's been so long since I've logged in I cant remember my info. I have a standard sized 10 gallon aquarium and was hoping to get some suggestions for a small amphibian or reptile I can set up a vivarium for. Im assuming anything that small isn't going to be very fond of being handled. I'm honestly leaning towards getting 1 or 2 Fire Belly Newts, but am open to other ideas.

2. Darkbird

Darkbird Moderator Staff Member

Welcome back. One of the other mods might be able to get you back into your old account, but I know I can't so I won't promise anything. As you seem to already be aware, there really is not much that can be in a 10g long term, might be best looked at as an isolation or grow out cage. Pacman frog would do ok in there for awhile, maybe a micro setup for dart frogs, but I wouldn't know where to even begin on that.

Chellbag likes this.
  3. Chellbag

Chellbag New Member

Thank you. I'm probably going to go to the Invert section as well and ask. Someone suggested vampire crabs and i thought they sounded pretty interesting. Honestly right now im just trying to settle on a species, as i dont want another fish tank. I'll start getting supplies to setup once I decide so i can make sure the land/water ratio is good

4. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Until we get the site fixed, you likely won't get too many answers.

5. Chellbag

Chellbag New Member

I figured. I was pretty sad to come back and see this site turned into almost a ghost town

6. Darkbird

Darkbird Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, we're not too happy either, but it is being worked on. Hoping things will slowly pick back up if we can get this resolved.