This Disappears When Logged In

10 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Amphibian - General' started by Wayne930, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Wayne930

Wayne930 Well-Known Member

I've run into a few delays.
    1. I'm going on a trip to Gatlinburg, TN on Spring Break, so I need to save some of the money I have for the trip.
    2. My light fixture stopped working on me today. The wire to plug it to the wall was really loose inside the fixture so thats probably what was wrong. I'll have to buy a new one.

2. Wayne930

Question: Do I need Reptical with D3 if I get Reptivite since it has both Calcium and Vitamin D3 in it?

3. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

if Reptivite has calcium in it, then not need to get the other supplement.

If that light fixture is the new one you bought, return it! I swear, things are such shotty construction these days.

4. Wayne930

Thanks. No, I bought a light bulb yesterday lol. The fixture is a few years old.

5. Wayne930

6. avoidtheboyd

avoidtheboyd Elite Member

Get a leopard gecko! 10 gallon is enough for one and they are some of the coolest lizards you can buy without needing that much care. get an uth buy a couple hides for it ( or make them) and maybe a little tree or two and youll be good. theyll really cool ( and u can get some really spectacular morphs)

7. Wayne930

I'd thought about it but when I saw a video of setting one of their tanks up, it seemed kinda cramped, but maybe. Would I be able to breed mealies in a 22G rubbermaid? Also, would I have to seperate adults from mealies? thanks

8. avoidtheboyd

im not sure about breeding mealies. i dont really do it but theres a guide in the feeder section of HC. And 10 is perfectly fine for a leopard gecko. just get some stuff so it can climb on top (just like a rock hide) and ull be fine. I love my leo dearly and am gettng another in a week :)

9. Wayne930

Thanks. I'm doing my research lol

10. avoidtheboyd

and if you wanna get one, look up the closest reptile expo nearest you because you can get them super cheap sometimes.

11. Wayne930

Yeah. I saw some at the pet store and they were really sluggish. I still have to get my new fish before I can do anything with the tank, but they haven't replied to when and where to get the fish.

12. Wayne930

Today I got everything I need to breed mealworms :). (Rubbermaids, Oats, Carrots)

13. Wayne930

I read that you need a Calcium supplement with D3 and one without. Is this true? Also, if I gut load do I need a vitamin supplement? Thanks.

14. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Nah, you only need one calcium supplement. For amphibians, It doesn't matter if its with or without D3. I don't use a vitamin supplement. I feed my insects lots of fruits and veggies.

15. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

We seem to be bouncing back and forth on discussing frogs and geckos. Are we still talking about the frog tank or the geckos?
    If its the geckos lets start another thread in the leopard gecko section.

16. Wayne930

I need a little more time to decide. Schlegel told me ten gallon would be ok but kinda small and Avoid told me a 10 would be fine. Also it would be easier to provide food and I'd be able to interact with the animal. Let me think it over for a few days. I'll also check craigslist for some tanks although I'd probably have to find a new stand or something sine a 20 long has different dimensions. Sorry about going back and forth.

17. Wayne930

Well I can't really get a new tank because I don't really have room for it and since I have 5 tanks already, I'm not sure my parents would be really happy about a new tank so I don't know yet :confused:.

I just thought of something... Wouldn't me taking it out regularly to hold it and let it crawl around (under supervision of course) make up for being in a 10g?