Be very careful with any object with an adhesive surface inside your enclosure. I learned very quickly that if such a thing were to come loose your animal is at risk. The first week I brought my ornates home I found this out when the hydrometer, fastened to the inside wall of the enclosure via self adhesive magnets, dislodged. When it fell to the floor the one magnet detached and must have landed sticky side up. At some point one of my uros walked over top of it and got one of it's forearms stuck, facing backwards, flush to the adhesive, which was also stuck to it's underside. After a quick bath in a bowl of shallow hot water (something done in emergencies only) and a mild panic attack I was able to free the magnet. The uro walked awkwardly, dragging it's limb, for a few hours afterwords but no serious damage was done. If left alone longer who knows what degree of injury could have ensued.
thanks actually it fell once but luckily i saw it happen and i picked it up right away the adhesive side doesn't stick to the wood i guess maybe b/c of the poly but then i stuck it to the plexiglass so i can't see it but i check it by opening door and taking it off for brief second to look at it until i can figure a better way to hang it
new problem this is popping up i tried searching online and i believe it is mold growing. it started to grown where my logs meet the water anyone have any help until i figure out what this is and how to fix it if it is dangerous i took it out.
Shot at 2012-02-18
Shot at 2012-02-18
i believe this is it (Oomycete - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) how do you prevent things from molding with this much humidity
kept researching and came across someone on here saying that it was nothing to worry about if it is just white stingy mold like this and just to let it run it's course and it's fine can someone confirm this for me
the branch is nearly 6 feet can't really bake it i did soak it in water though for a day then let it dry
here is a link to the thread where i saw the statement about mold and letting it run it's course maybe i should try the salt water thing?..... still looking for some answers thanks.