This Disappears When Logged In

Zophabas Worms?

Discussion in 'Feeders' started by Colleen, Jan 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Colleen

Colleen Elite Member

Are Zophabas Worms the same as super worms? I'm running out of mealworms and was going to order some more. I though I would order some other things for variety, went to reptilefood.com and found Zophabas.

2. Shoobly

Shoobly Elite Member

Yep, zophobas worms and superworms are one and the same. It's just the scientific name versus the common name, and they also go by king worms. ;)

3. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Hello,

Superworms are larger than mealies. Since your leo is having some weight loss issues right now, I would order waxworms if he will take them. Those will help put the weight on and they are easily digestible.

4. Colleen

Colleen Elite Member

Thanks for the answers, I was thinking of the other critters. I was planning on getting some waxworms also. I would look for waxworm locally but I have a had time getting mealworms.

5. Shoobly

Shoobly Elite Member

You will actually wind up saving money in the long run if you buy waxworms (any worms really) in bulk from any of the reptile food suppliers versus what you would wind up spending for the same amount at somewhere like Petco/Petsmart.

6. Colleen

Colleen Elite Member

I was going to order from Reptilefood.com. The closet Petcon/Petsmart is about 30 miles away towards Detroit. We have a Pet Supply Plus and two mom and pop type stores. Slim pickings...

7. Brittone05

Brittone05 Elite Member

Superworms are also called 'murios' over here. It is very confusing as everyone calls them something different!!

I always have supplies of meal, supers, and wax at home and occasionally buy silkworms. The silks are expensive over here (about £25 for 200) and don't last very long especially with our cold weather - my last lot had completely died within a day - what a waste of money lol

8. Colleen

Colleen Elite Member

Years ago I would have never though of feeding silk worm as they produce silk with can be sun into yarn. How times has changed.

9. venus

venus Founding Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.