This Disappears When Logged In

zoos in MA with venemous snakes?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by mikermaq, Jan 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikermaq

mikermaq New Member

I was wondering if anyone knows if there are any zoos/collections of venemous snakes.

I am trying to get an uncopyrighted picture of a horned viper (cerastes cerastes) for an art project

2. jshrad

jshrad Elite Member

Hello,

You should try talking to Rich, I know hes from MA. Welcome to HC btw.

3. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Have you tried the zoo new england? Im not sure if they have any snakes but they might...I lived in MA for a while but never wen tto the zoo I went to the aqu but I dont recall them having any snakes..

4. Fran

Fran Veteran Member

5. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Hello,

You have me stumped. Southwick Zoo is the largest in MA and I don't believe they have any Horned Vipers. I haven't been there in a few years and I also believe they are closed for the winter. Most zoo's in New England close for the winter if I am not mistaken.

If you want to try getting in touch with the Southwick Zoo, they are located in Malden.

Angie brought the kids there last year and just informed me that their reptile exhibit leaves much to be desired.

6. Lyn

Lyn Elite Member

Rich is right....Southwicks is the one I know about too...no venomous reptiles tho. And what they do have...well lets just say...I have more LOL....Good luck with your quest....Lyn

7. allie&shadwell

allie&shadwell Elite Member

easy solution for you

go to google...select 'images'...enter 'horned viper'...they have tons of photos of horned vipers, free for anybody to use, and I now know what a horned viper looks like!

Allie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.