This Disappears When Logged In

Zoopoxy

Discussion in 'HH General Discussion' started by kriminaal, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

I came across this link (actually directed to it) Very interesting product. Has tons of uses. I'm sure someone will find it very useful.
    Zoopoxies - POLYGEM, Inc.

2. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Thats really interesting. If i ever decide to make a water feature with sculpted fake rock and cement, it says it works great for sealing that up and will last and last. I wish they listed prices. I'm sure its a fortune.

3. jwors30

jwors30 Member

I e-mailed the company and they sent me a price list a contact info. It's a bit pricey at $167.57 but it does give you 3 g. That's for product #1319 which is what they used for sealing and it mentions it's great for water features. I think I'm going to use west system for my viv. Has anyone used it?

4. SurvivorSteph

SurvivorSteph Subscribed User Premium Member

I surfed around the zoopoxy site a few weeks ago... pretty cool stuff, indeed.

5. titus

titus Elite Member Premium Member

That's quite alot for an epoxy. Theres lots of other products that are alot cheaper that will give the same results. Elasropur is one of the better it's about $20/kg. The west system is very pricy for what you get, I'd look to other epoxies or polyester epoxies for caging.

6. kriminaal

Meki has used the West System for his WD enclosure.
    Titus I have looked around and am having a hard time finding anything much cheaper than the West System for a marine-grade epoxy.

7. titus

titus Elite Member Premium Member

Maybe it's just here than for 5kg of west the price was 160 euro with hardener and another marine epoxy for 5kg was about 39 euro plus 34 for hardener. It's mostlikly import cost playing it's role.

8. kriminaal

Here I can get the West System kit one litre/30 oz for $70. It's not cheap by any means but 2 litres would do most enclosures.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.