This Disappears When Logged In

ZooMed Under Tank Heater Question.

Discussion in 'Product Questions' started by tedmunds, Dec 10, 2010.

1. tedmunds

tedmunds Elite Member

I will be getting Blaptica Dubia to feed my future beardie. I was wondering if I could use a UTH from ZooMed to heat the sterilite tub I will be keeping them in or will it melt it?

2. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

You are so lucky!

It better to use a human heating pad that doesn't have an auto shutoff on it, set the temp to low. I think the under the tank heater would get too hot and cook the little buggers and melt the plastic like you mentioned.

Good luck with the Blaptica Dubia, lucky guy! I have my tub ready and waiting for them to come, its too cold up here to get them this time of year.

3. Frognut

Frognut Subscribed User Premium Member

I have an UTH on one of my Rubbermaid containers, but it is attached to a piece of glass then to the tub - which reduces the amount of heat getting to the tub.

I am too worried about possible melting issues, so I never got them for my other tubs (all various makes and models :rolleyes:). I have two groups of tubs, one under the table my snake is on, and one under my Leo's - both have table cloths to hide the tubs and make it darker. I bought two small heaters with thermostats and auto shut-off. ($14 at home depot). I placed the heaters under the table with the tubs, set the temp and voila! Warm containers - but no worries! :D

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

If you are worrying about the heat pads getting too hot the simple solution is a thermostat.

5. Frognut

Frognut Subscribed User Premium Member

BAH! who's thinking simple (besides THAT would have made sense!) .... :eek: :rolleyes: :">

6. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

What was Merlin thinking ;) That's would just be too simple!
    We were thinking the same thing but since yesterday was your birthday we wanted you to feel wise!:)