This Disappears When Logged In

Zoomed Bulbs

Discussion in 'Product Questions' started by kenman1963, Jan 16, 2010.

1. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

I purchased a 250 watt zoomed basking light yesterday. 25 minutes after turning it on the glass dropped right out of the fixture, almost as if it melted. I exchanged it right away and sure enough the next one did the same thing. My buddy at the pet store and I checked out the fixture and it was fine. The freakiest thing was the light stayed on without the glass dome. Had a hard time removing the stub of the bulb and settled on the 100 watt as the othet 250's were from the same lot number. Just curious if anyone else had this problem with the 250 ?

2. MamaGwynn

MamaGwynn Elite Member

No experience... but wow that's bizarre!

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I have never used them but after that I don't think I would use them again. Sounds like a serious quality control issue!

4. MadDog

MadDog Elite Member

Wow, that is just crazy!! Yeah, it sounds like I won't be using these bulbs.

5. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

The thing is I've used the same model bulb for years and not once had an issue. I can only assume a bad lot/batch.

6. MamaGwynn

MamaGwynn Elite Member

You or the store owner should definitely contact Zoomed!

7. purplemuffin

purplemuffin Elite Member

That is strange!! Sounds like a very bad batch!

8. IguanaMom

IguanaMom Elite Member

Ditto on that.

I also have used Zoomed for years & also never have had a problem but there is always a chance . I do know that they are based out of San Luis Obispo CA. which is 15 miles from where I live, so I wonder if it has to do with a shipping problem.

Good luck getting it taken care of.

Nat & LaLA