This Disappears When Logged In

Zoo Vivarium Pictures

Discussion in 'Herp Photos' started by BlackJack, Jul 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aiden_punx

aiden_punx Elite Member

i agree a 16ft burm would probally be on fetal goat or pig i belive.

2. CodyW

CodyW Elite Member

Nice pics Andrea! That boa exhibit looks out of control, 32 feet of two hungry females :eek:

3. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Yep those Burms sometimes look enviably at the little plump kids gawking through the glass... just 6mm away from a juicy meal!

4. caudalis_sa

caudalis_sa Elite Member

5. grim

grim Elite Member

I got a chance to look at all your pics, They're all great, i really like the day gecko those are always a treat to see. Only thing is i hate seeing burmese pythons ending up in situations like that... It rarely ever ends well.

6. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Burm feeding

That's the reason I posted those here. It's a really important reminder to people who house their herps together to be able to separate them for feeding.
    As I said the smaller one ate almost all of the rats while the other one was trying to kill her. So the other one had maybe 3-4 rats when she finally mellowed out (or when the other had eaten all she wanted)
    It's another one of those situations of "well, that's the way it is" at the zoo. But I think one Burm on display is impressive enough and the other should go behind the scenes. My boss doesn't like the situation, but it's not all up to him apparently.
    One day it WILL end badly for one of those girls and he'll be able to tell the admin "I told you so" and the problem of two big burms in one enclosure will be solved. :mad: :(
    That's an example of how "reality" clashed head-on with my "fantasy" of the ideal job with animals!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.