This Disappears When Logged In

Zoo-med Misty Mountain Humidifier

Discussion in 'Help *General*' started by Kirsty, Dec 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kirsty

Kirsty Elite Member

After advice from members of the forum i have found that i should be using a humidifier instead of a misting system.

I have found the zoo-med volcano and was wondering if any one has used one of these and if they are any good.

2. CodyW

CodyW Elite Member

I don't have one but have used one of the ultrasonic misters in a viv. What animal is it for? I worry about them for small herps because they aren't sealed very well, if a frog were to get where the mister was you'd have frog soup.

3. Kirsty

Kirsty Elite Member

It for a baby iguana and at the moment he's only 6 months old and about 6 inches s-v length. Was thinking of either misty mountain or the zoo-med mini fogger which doesn't look big enough for even the smallest reptile to get into.

4. Mark

Mark Elite Member

Don't mix the humidifier and the bath dish. Having a fountain or humidifier which the ig swims in will be extremely hard to clean. Any water source the ig gets in you will have to clean daily.

Go into the local drug store or general store and look for a humidifier. Doing this you will get a better machine for cheaper than trying to use one with a pet company name on it. Ultrasonic are not a bad idea but I have always used hot mist units under a mesh crate. Get a closed unit where the ig can't get into the tank of water. I would also look for the UL label.

5. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

Yeah, I bought a fisher-price cool mist humidifier at a thrift store for $3.25, its been working great for a year, it has small holes because it was meant to be used around small children, it holds about a gallon of water, and it is pretty colors (yet again for the little kids sake). It sits on the floor of my tank because I've got plenty of room to keep it inside of the cage. I haven't had a problem with it yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.