This Disappears When Logged In

Zoo Med Excavator

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MoogleBass, Apr 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoogleBass

MoogleBass Kittes are so nice! Premium Member

I spoke with someone at the Ohio show who sells products. I asked him if he had any of it. He told me he didnt yet for a reason. Apprently Zoo Med has to do things some stupid way and release it from the West coast to the east coast. So every one over here cant find it yet for that reason. I asked him how soon, and he said probably with inthe next show date he will have some.

I know there were a few people looking for something like nambi terra sand(sp) So well have to wait a few months before we get it. Just keep checking your local shops till you get it in.

Giving people heads up. If the wrong spot someone move it.

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Hmmmm I wonder why they have to do it that way? Doesn't make much sense to me. They would make more money by making it available to everyone that wants it at once.
    But who can fathom the corporate mindset sometimes!

3. MoogleBass

MoogleBass Kittes are so nice! Premium Member

Thats what i told him. He said all he got was a small sample bag. lol

4. Typhanie

Typhanie Elite Member

It's probably the cost of marketing and shipping to each area. Where they might make a profit in one area, it might not make enough to pay for the time, delivery costs and advertising to another area. Conversely, they may be testing to see if it does well in a localized area before expanding out so they don't lose too much money on a low demand product.

The company I work for does that sometimes - making a product available online online, and adding it to their catalog if it's generated a demand, because space is valuable, and they could really lose money on it if they aren't careful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.