This Disappears When Logged In

Zoo-Med 18x18x24

Discussion in 'HH General Discussion' started by CodyW, Jun 20, 2012.

1. CodyW

CodyW Elite Member

Hello all!! It's been a little while to say the least! I hope to not be so sporadic this time but no promises!

I ended up with this blank canvas yesterday and am not quite sure what to do with it. I was thinking about getting back into dart frogs but the tank seems to need too many modifications in order to be fruit fly proof (the front vent would need to be screened and the edges of glass would need to be sealed).

Either way I'll probably be making a hood this week probably for LED's and pulling the cork bark to get it cleaned up.

Leaning toward a chameleon, maybe a crested pair. Not sure yet but I'll make up my mind soon so that I can start hacking away at it.

Anyways, glad to be back and glad to see a lot of old and new faces.

zoomed.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Hey Cody! Good to see you back. That cage really isn't suitable for chams. They do better in a screen enclosure so they get plenty of air and can't freak out over their own reflection.

3. aeral

aeral Elite Member

I think that it would be great for cresties, it is very similar to one that a friend has set up. :)

4. Spyral

Spyral Elite Member

I agree with cresties! :)

5. CodyW

CodyW Elite Member

No Chameleon, which is OK by me because I'd rather build an outdoor setup for one anyways.

I might look into some Rhac's, I know a thing or two about them.

I'm also really wanting to setup another paludarium.

6. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Our dalmation (CG) is in one of those.

7. CodyW

CodyW Elite Member

Well, unfortunately and fortunately I am selling this tank today and putting this fantastic hobby on hold once again. Life calls and I can't complain about where it has called me so far. I'm trying to put everything together to head to the land down under for a year of work and enjoyment.

If everything goes well I'll set it up for the next owner before I pass it along.

8. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Wow, sounds like an enjoyable experience! Have fun and send pictures of everything reptile when you can.

9. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Sounds interesting Cody.
    Can't complain about having to go to Oz. They have some great reptiles there.
    Take care and send some pics.

10. CodyW

CodyW Elite Member

So I have been turning down offers left and right on this tank. I have very little experience keeping snakes but I have told over 10 people no to selling this for them to house their ball pythons or boas.

Am I that far off that this tank is ok for a ball python or a boa or have the last 15 people just been that ill informed?

11. alpine

alpine Elite Member

Probably really ill informed I think... Ball pythons aren't climbing animals... So you know... Not a good idea... I have a log in my enclosure, the most he did was knock it off of the part of the house it was leaned against... Then buried under it, got comfortable and started sleeping under it occasionally.