This Disappears When Logged In

Zomba's Laying!!

Discussion in 'Corn Snakes' started by Wyldrose, May 13, 2012.

1. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Yay for Zomba!
    Hearts eggs are dead, I finally cut them open to look they had not developed at all. There was maybe 1-2 veins and just hard yolk. I am not 100% sure what happened my theroy is I had the vermiculte too wet and the drowned. I have mesh over the vermiculite for Zomba's eggs so hoping that they do better!! Heart has stopped eating again and is getting the triangle gravid look so I think she may double clutch on me.

I'll peak in at her at bedtime to see if she's done laying her eggs.
    Zomba (sunglow, aka amel with no white) bred to FlameStrike(diffused or bloodred) so they will be normals het amel and Diffused(aka blooddred) That is unless I hit the lottery and Flame is het amel.
    Pics will be posted when she is done laying!
    She shed 16 days ago, they usually shed 10 days before they lay so those last 6 days have been torture!! I felt about 10 eggs, she was pretty mad at me when I checked her last so I have been leaving her alone.

2. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Best of luck, keep us posted on Zomba and the eggs when you get time! lol Hope you hit the jackpot :)

Edit; It's Mother's Day, I guess she was waiting for the right day :)

3. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

The lid to her lay box was full of condensation, I remeber reading that one drop could harm/kill an egg so I took it off for a quick wipe and picture. The eggs are huge, and white! I wonder if Hearts eggs where all infertile(they did not look like Zombas)! Zombas look really good!!
    002-37.jpg
    So there should be approx 7 more to come!!

Attached Files:

4. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

So COOL! Good luck Susan!

5. mld

So exciting!

6. gapeachkatie

gapeachkatie Elite Member

YEY! Congrats! Those eggs do look nice and healthy.

7. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

I had lunch and peeked, and she's done!! 8 perfect eggs, no slugs! All showing a wonderful network of veins, nothing like Hearts eggs! I think these are going to be good :)
    Well done Zomba!! She's pretty deflated now, but if she eats anything like she did before she'll catch back up soon!
    009-12.jpg
    The top right one got a drip of water on it from the laybox lid, so I will keep an eye on them all!

Attached Files:

8. mld

They look great, does she have any more to lay? What a good girl

9. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Thats all she had in her :) I did a quick count the other day when she slid over my hands, she was pretty mad at me(rattling her tail etc). The 9&10 bump where probely poo lol! She's sleeping on top of the lay box, and lost 100 grams. I'm pretty sure she will have no issue putting the weight back on. All my females are awesome eaters :)

I just noticed my dyslexia is playing games with me again, the top LEFT egg is the one with the drip on it. I hope it's ok. I have homes lined up for atleast 2 already and I will probley keep a male and female. So 4 shouldn't be too hard to adopt out :)

10. mld

Wish I could buy one! :(

11. pjrojo

pjrojo Subscribed User Premium Member

Congrats Susan hope all goes well, When they are ready to ship let me know and I'll give it a good home :)

12. Jflores

Jflores Elite Member

CONGRATS, those are some nice looking eggs!!! What’s the incubation time on these?

13. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

65 days give or take :)
    End of July I hope to be posting baby pics ;)
    I'll be candling them again next week, I will see if I can get pics!

I would love for you to have one Rojo, I wonder what shipping is like from Canada to USA? lol

14. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

Congrats Susan! I know I have probably told you this already, but just in case. Lay a paper towel over the eggs and if it feels dry and crinkly, you need to add water and if it feels wet and slimy, you need to take the lid off and let some evaporate. That's what I'm doing with my 2 clutches and it has worked great!

15. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Yep I have the paper towel over them, it's slightly damp. I'm going to try and get some pics of candling the eggs tonight ;) I hope they work out! I now know the difference between good and bad eggs :)
    Heart looks like she may double clutch on me, she has stopped eating so I popped a laybox in with her just incase. Too bad she had all slugs her 1st try.

16. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

OK, good. I look forward to seeing pics. I really thought Heart's eggs looked good, but I guess they weren't. Let's hope these eggs do well.

17. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Hearts eggs never hardened, they had a slimy feel to them too. These ones look white, have little dimples and I can see the embryo's when I candle them :) It's going to be a long couple months!

18. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

Well, that's a bummer about Heart's, but at least you have more eggs. That's pretty good that you can already see embryos, I couldn't see embryos until about 2 weeks ago.

19. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Zomba's 1st meal since laying, monday she ate 2 fuzzies :) She looks very good. She had a small clutch so she should bounce back fast.
    001-30.jpg
    Candling the eggs! Not all the pics turned out so Just posting a few good ones :)
    Embryo on the bottom (red dot)
    007-26.jpg
    Veins
    003-26.jpg
    Nature at it's finest!
    004-37.jpg
    010-24.jpg
    008-33.jpg
    I can't wait too meet the little worms :)

Attached Files:

20. mld

Very cool photos! :)