This Disappears When Logged In

Zilla Power Center?

Discussion in 'Habitat Lighting' started by gapeachkatie, Apr 9, 2011.

1. gapeachkatie

gapeachkatie Elite Member

So, I was looking for something that would make it easier for me to control all three of the lights that I could use later on when Ryuu's tank is bigger and will need an under tank heater or a heat emitter. Problem is, the instructions are horrible and I cannot figure out how to set the thing.

Does anyone else have a digital power center? If so, can you give me some tips on how to set it? I feel stupid for having to ask, but for a day and a half I have been fighting with it to try and figure out how it should be set. :">

Otherwise, could someone help me to find another power center that would actually work and have decent instructions?

2. Dragonflies

Dragonflies Banned User

Sorry I can't help you with the Zilla Katie. Ugh, everything is so complicated these days, either that, or I'm just getting too old. LOL

I just bought some basic plug-in timers from Ikea, they were about $6 for a pack of two. Basic works for me.:)

3. gapeachkatie

I was trying to do that, but didn't like having so many timers under the table.

4. Dragonflies

Dragonflies Banned User

Are all three tanks on the same time schedule?

5. gapeachkatie

I have two tanks that need to be on a similar schedule, just with different needs. And one tank with just a single light. :-/ I would just be so nice for them all to be on the same strip that would support each light with a specific time and quit taking up so much space in the corner.

6. Dragonflies

Dragonflies Banned User

I just found the instructions for it on PDF.
    I'm just about to put the little one to bed, but if you are going to be on FB later, I'll happily brainstorm it with you. :)

7. Dragonflies

Dragonflies Banned User

I just read through the instructions. If I'm reading them correctly, it doesn't control lights for multiple tanks at different times, just multiple tanks for day and night lights at the same times.

8. hangtown530

hangtown530 Elite Member

When the yellow sockets are on the blueish gray ones are off and vise verse. They are on a day and night cycle. You can not time each one to a different time. For example if you had say your uvb or halogen plugged into the yellow sockets and wanted to set them for different times it's not going to work they will come on and go off at the same time and when they go off whatever you set up in the other two colored sockets will come on. When there is power to the yellow the power is off to the blues. Tell you the truth I was pretty mad at first but I just went down to home depot and bought some cheap timers and another power strip. :)

Let me know exactly what your trying to do and maybe I can let you know if you zilla power center will work for the application.

I'll go up and read more just in case you already said what your trying to do lol. :)

9. hangtown530

hangtown530 Elite Member

10. Dragonflies

Dragonflies Banned User

You've just confirmed what I thought. Pretty expensive on/off switch huh?

11. gapeachkatie

I got the thing on sale for $15 dollars, but I may just take it back today.

Basically, I keep having to adjust the timers and reset it b/c the night lights are coming on during the day and the day timers are coming on during the night, and that is giving me a very cranky baby dragon!! I have it set up to where there is Ryuu's tank, a 10 gallon fish tank, and a 10 gallon I use for starting seeds in the spring. The exact lights I have are Ryuu's two day lights, his night heat bulb, the black light for the fish tank, a filter, a fish tank heater, and a heat pad for the seeds.

So, basically, I have 4 lights, two that need to be day time, and two that need to be night time, then three "constant" needs as the strip should have them set. I just completely reset the strip, let's hope it actually starts to work right, otherwise it will be going back.

12. Geo7809

Geo7809 Elite Member

Im almost certain you can get the same thing at home depot for around $20

13. kronik070

kronik070 Elite Member

these timers work pretty good for me. mine is a little different but once you get it figured out it will work perfect.

all your constants go in the white outlets

2 daylights in the yellows. set the on off time for these lights
    2 night times in the blue outlets. once the daylight lights shut off, the blue outlets will come on

my zilla timers are not digital but they have not failed me yet.
    i have 2 digital timers from wal-mart(20$) and they work great too. they have 4 outlets constant, and 4 on the timer

14. gapeachkatie

Well, good news. It works now. I got irritated with it to the point I kicked it. So, when I completely reset the timers, it started working properly...

15. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Thats great news, it looks like a good one and you got it a such a good price.

16. Kushun

Kushun Elite Member

I have had mine for about a month now and still can't get mine to work. I think my problem is programing the lights to the right outlet if you know what I mean. For example, is the left column of the outlets 1-4 or 5-8.

17. gapeachkatie

If it is the same one I have, the left column is two day and two night, which is set by program 1 only. It took me forever to figure it out, but I finally did. :D

18. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

It took me forever to figure it out with the one I had also! Mine was by GE, but when I bought it, it sounded like you could control 4 different outlets separately! Not the case so I still have to control my heat emitter for night time manually!

19. Kushun

Kushun Elite Member

Wow that makes so much sense now. Thanks they should really fix those instructions.

So the day and night outlets are setting 1? Or is day 1 and night 2.