This Disappears When Logged In

Zhaodi pics

Discussion in 'Herp Photos' started by Zhaodi, Jun 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zhaodi

Zhaodi Active Member

I just love this little one! I lost my computer desk in the process, but well worth it....

I'm already thinking about how I'm going to make a bigger home for him/her down the road.:D :D

Attached Files:

2. nicole

nicole Elite Member

very cute!:D

3. venus

venus Founding Member

He is a cutie. What are you using as a substrate?

4. Zhaodi

Zhaodi Active Member

one half is a medium size river rock (he can't swallow it at this age/size). I used that in the area his waterfall is located....at the base of the "waterfall" or should I say drip, is a basin big enough for his pool (or in his case, toilet). On the other half, I have pure black soil with moss. Trying to keep the humidity up as best I can. As a barrier, I have some cello wrap that keeps the soil from oozing into the river rock (it's well burried so he can't eat it).

The heat lamp seems to be burning my plants. That makes me sad, but each day I tweak things and dang it all, I'll get it right eventually.

What I don't understand is, if these guys like temps in the 84-88 degree range, why is it he is almost always on the other side where it is cooler (on the waterfall rock)???

5. venus

venus Founding Member

Can you get a pic of the whole tank. It looks really cool from what I can see.

6. Zhaodi

Zhaodi Active Member

Well, it's definately a work in progress. Here's a pic of where we left off last night. I want to add some more greenery around the waterfall, I also have another clamp lamp with a heat bulb that I don't leave on all day, just to help regulate heat. It's gonna be interesting around here in the winter b/c it gets cold.

Attached Files:

7. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

that looks pretty neat and it will look awesome when you add more greenery like you wanted. cute little dragon. good luck with the tweaking. you'll get it right. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.