This Disappears When Logged In

Zap Land!

Discussion in 'General Construction' started by Wyldrose, Jul 29, 2012.

1. l400ex

l400ex Active Member

Ok so I have to know a few things if you don't mind. One how did you attach the wood together? Two how did you make the water fall because its sweet and three how did you make the door? I love what you made and zap looks so happy in there.

2. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

I nailed the wood together and sealed all the edges with caulking.
    The water fall is 3 plastic flower pots, I bolted them to the corner, each is about 1/2 way filled up with lava stone(natural bio filter is the goal). The top part has a live plant, which is growing nicely and I cut out a bigger piece in the front for the water to come out. I have a pond pump in there with a piece of tubing that goes to the top flower pot.
    The door is made out of a 1x4 with a piece of plexi glass caulked into place. I attached it with hinges and it closes with a magnet.
    I hope that helps :)

3. l400ex

l400ex Active Member

Yes that helps vary much just one more thing is the plant in dirt at all or just the rock? And thanks again your enclosure looks great I hope mine comes out that nice

4. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

I have just lava rock in the water fall. I washed as much dirt out of the plant as I could. I had planned to put a spider plant in it but couldn't find any!