This Disappears When Logged In

Yuki Concerns Over...and Got a Question!

Discussion in 'Corn Snakes' started by Renouji, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Renouji

Renouji Elite Member

If any of you remember, my new snow corn Yuki hadn't eaten since I bought him from the breeder June 21st last month. Well he surprised me this morning, he shed I never knew because his eyes hadn't even turned blue they stay pinkish! and then when I came home from work a couple hours and fed him a F/T Pinkie and he ate it immediately...actually he attacked it while I was still putting him into his food container!

Also had a question, of all the snow corns I have seen in real life and pictures I have never seen one that is diffused (least I think the checkers on the belly means diffused, correct me if I am wrong). He most definitely has this pattern on his belly as you can see from the photo included, is this common or not? is there a separate morph category for a diffused snow?

YukiPattern.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Yay for getting him to eat :) It is almost impossible to tell when a snow is going to shed :)

As for the diffused, he defintlally is not. Diffused have no belly checkers. He is probley "just" a snow.
    A diffused snow is called an avalanche
    Avalanche Corn Snake • Ians Vivarium

Was he sold to you as a diffused snow? The breeder had to be mistaken. Diffused removes the belly checkers and causes the pattern to blend as they mature.

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

My adult snow has no checkers.

As for the eyes turning blue, They get more of a frosted look to them. As you get more used to the snake you will be able to notice it easier.

4. Renouji

Renouji Elite Member

kewl, and no the breeder said Snow it was the pet store I buy my pinkies from that said diffused, and I already referenced a snake terms dictionary to find out that only diffused, stripe and motley will produce no checker pattern on the belly. I have been reading up on genetics lately and am thinking of breeding him with an avalanche, if I am correct then that should produce Het Diffused Snow. but I still have alot of learning and reading to go luckily I have a yr or 2 before he is old enough to breed.

5. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

My snow has checkers :) Castor is 1 and he is getting very yellow
    024-11.jpg

Petshops don't always know what they are talking about :)
    I LOVE snow corns, I wanted one for ever. When I finally convinced the hubby that I need a snake the snows at Petsmart had died(worms...) So i bought Loki my Hypo. Dec 23, my boss had given me a gift Visa for my xmas gift so I got Castor :) I had him in his deli in my pocket when I went to pick up last minute things for xmas supper lol!

Attached Files:

6. Renouji

Renouji Elite Member

lol beautiful snake, and thats just awesome I prolly would have done the same! ^_^

7. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Sounds like the little guy was hungry, glad he ate for you, he is gorgeous!