This Disappears When Logged In

Your Next Ten

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thalatte, May 8, 2013.

1. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Ok so there is the thread with the Top ten most wanted lists. Everyone seems to have unrealistic animals on the lists (like an aldabra tortoise or komodo dragon :p ). This made me curious...What are the next ten animals (not just reptiles but any animal) that you will purchase or plan on getting? Be realistic please.

Mine are:

1. Whiteout Corn snake
    2. Croc Skinks
    3. Frilled Dragon
    4. Female CWD.
    5. F1 Polydactyl Savannah Cat
    6-10. are different kinds of fresh water fish.

2. Dirkthejerk41

Dirkthejerk41 Elite Member

1. A red tegu (hopefully)
    2. A puppy (for my lady)
    3. Possibly a leachianus
    4. maybe expand my bp collection, if I get a rack

3. cassicat4

cassicat4 Subscribed User Premium Member

1 & 2. Different Tokay morphs (hoping for a Melanistic and Leucistic)
    3. Green-Eyed Tokay
    4. Leachianus gecko
    5. Breeder quality female Crested gecko
    6. Adult female Red-Eyed Croc Skink
    7. High-end Leopard gecko morph
    8. Chahoua gecko
    9. Betta fish
    10. Knob-Tail gecko

4. uncertainsky

uncertainsky Elite Member

1. A ball python
    2. Crested gecko
    3. GTP
    4. Blue hippo tang
    5. Remora shark
    6. Naso tang
    7-9. Various reef fish
    10.mimic octopus

5. Katsura

Katsura Elite Member

EDIT I REDID IT CAUSE I SAW YOU SAID "ANY" ANIMAL IN THE OP

Well I added an unrealistic and then edited in a realistic one lol. My plans are as follows, though things might change and they might be in a different order...

1. A corn snake, cause I decided to add at least ONE colubrid to my collection
    2. pug, also maybe a corgi
    3. Maybe ferrets
    4. Sumatran albino blood python
    5. Piebald ball python
    6. Albino tangerine milksnake
    7. Brazilian rainbow
    8. Crested geckos

I have a bunch of other snakes I wanna get, but Nathan told me no cause we already have too many (according to him anyway lol)

I personally am dying to get a pitbull but THAT'S gonna gave to wait until we own a house, aha

Last edited: May 9, 2013
  6. Katsura

Katsura Elite Member

Speaking of mimic octopi it would be ballin to have a cuttlefish. Can you own those? Cause that would be awesome

7. Ripkabird98

Ripkabird98 Elite Member

Yes you can own Both an Octopus or a Cuttlefish. There is an entire forum for both species, which I can send you. I'm thinking about getting one of each too.

You can get an Aldabra Tortoise without being a zoo or having a permit and stuff. I know a breeder... he also breeds albino iguanas, Cyclura iguanas, and Galapagos torts

8. tbron

tbron Elite Member

my list was so much more fun. haha I could just let my imagination go wiled. but you want me to be realistic so here we go

1. a cat. ( I hate cats ) its for my soon to be wife. o what I do for love.
    2. when I break her down a little bit more I want a pare of croc skinks
    3. then the caiman lizard but now I think I'm being unrealistic give me a year or so I should have one but now its to soon to tell.

I feel so bad I cant go to ten. o well

9. tbron

tbron Elite Member

thanks man for making me be realistic. I feel so depressed :(

10. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

1. Husky
    2. Iguana
    3. Whatever hubby wants
    4. Whatever Aurora wants
    5. Whatever hubby wants.
    6. Whatever Aurora wants.
    7. Whatever hubby wants.
    8. Maybe I can talk Aurora into a reptile if I don't pass my genetic love for all things scaly onto her.
    9. Nick wants a cat. We are probably getting a cat. 10. Not a human. Anything but another human baby.

11. Katsura

Katsura Elite Member

HECK YEAH! I'm seriously going to look into this. Cause that would seriously be so freakin sweet.

12. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Might as well play along too :)

#1 Woma python, a dream I hope comes true soon!
    #2 Grey rat snake or other rat snakes
    #3 Male leopard gecko, hypo or something co-dom with hypo
    #4 Komonodor dog, they have dread locks!
    #5 Pygmy goats, I hate mowing the lawn but think my neigbors would not be impressed...
    #6 Zebra stallion, I want to make Zorses and Zonkeys!! (I need a farm 1st!)
    #7 Rats :) Illegal here but always wanted some as pets/breeders
    #8 Abyssinian cat, love the wild look of them :)
    #9 Argentine boa
    #10 a paradox anything snake or a 2 headed snake

13. Khelmoria

Khelmoria Elite Member

Nothing. I am so not a pet person. I have five sons, one husband three rescue kittens (found on my doorstep) I hate cats....
    one snakey, one bunny and my son has a beta fish. The snake is really the only one that is mine and also the only one I would keep if I had a choice.

You are all totally crazy!!! just saying...

14. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

Ok, ill play. Currently I have 6 snakes, 1 bearded dragon, 1 dog, 3 rabbits, 1 cat, pirhanas. Here's what I may add over next few years:

1. Another dog
    2. A arboreal boa species
    3. Dwarf caiman alligator
    4. Another carpet python
    5. Lavender albino retic

I also would like to add a F1 savanah cat or a 100% African serval

Some do have a unreallistic wish list, which I really hope they put thought into. Pets cost money. Ill use myself. The rabbits are for feed for my 10+ ft snake(s. they cost money to feed, breed, etc. Not just 20.00 a month. Mine alone go through a 40 lb bag of feed a week. Then you breed for feeders and you have all those. Dwarf caiman will need a few lbs of raw meat or whole prey a day. A day. The F1 or serval I want, don't just eat strictly cat food. Jobs, money may not all stay the same. Youngins will grow up to have families, kids, etc. Jobs lost, etc. Just think before you jump.

Last edited: May 9, 2013
  15. Khelmoria

Khelmoria Elite Member

I just realized what I said lol.... anyway I would keep the husband and probably the kids too.:)

16. NancyA

NancyA Elite Member

I would love to have a savanah or serval but they are illegal here. A number of reptiles I would love are also illegal like monitors.
    1 African Grey
    2 Quaker
    3 puppy small breed
    4 Day Gecko
    5 Adult Sulcatta but only if we do end up moving to Florida
    That's it for me, considering that most are long lived.

17. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Yes I know you can buy aldabras and Galapagos the unrealistic part is actually housing one. They need a large area most people dont have available. Then of course there is the food bill...If you were to grow all their food you would need another 1/4 of an acre just for the cactus then there would need to be 1 or 2 extra grass pastures...and it just goes on.

18. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Katsura thank you for waiting on owning a house before getting a pit! I hate seeing so many up for adoption or going into the humane society and the vast majority of the dogs there are pits...So sad. But here are pics of my pit boxer mix to tide you over! apr 23 2013 164.jpg apr 23 2013 251.jpg 018.jpg

Tjohnson722 you are so right about unrealistic wish/want list. Here I will expand my list a bit. Also it isnt in the order I will get them, just the order I thought of them in.

1. Whiteout Corn snake-The first one I want but first I need to find a local reliable breeder of mice so that the food cost isnt that outrageous. Since he/she will be the only snake I own and thus the only mouse eater.
    2. Croc Skinks-not that outrageous I am just waiting on my torts to outgrow there winter tanks so that I have a tank to put them in.
    3. Frilled Dragon-rather outrageous. This will wait atleast 6years as I want to be done with my schooling and firmly established in a larger house.
    4. Female Chinese Water Dragon-same reasoning as the frilled Dragons. I want one entire room where each wall is a cwd enclosure and that will take many years to save up for. Then I want to breed them and that needs even more money...So maybe this is unrealistic.
    5. F1 Polydactyl Savannah Cat-This will be my graduation present to myself and will probably be obtained before the frilled and female cwd. I love cats but due to the boxer/pit pictured above I cant have small animals (she isnt aggressive but her and my terrier play really rough so I am always concerned with them around small animals). At least the savannah will be large enough and high energy enough to put up with 5 dogs, 3 of which will want to play with the new friend.
    6-10. are different kinds of fresh water fish-actually want these by the end of the month. My fish tank is kinda boring at the moment. Only rosie reds, 1 pink fish, 1snail and 2 plecos.

19. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

I'm not talking you in particular or even reptiles in general. I'm talking as a rescue foster and a volunteer at my aunts kennel. She has 8 dogs currently she is trying to find homes for that have literally been dumped. They don't even have the courtesy of stopping before throwing them out. It makes me sick to my stomach.

I didn't mean to hijack the thread, just everytime I think about it, it makes me very sad. I think long and very hard now before getting another animal. I've been bad until here recently with not caring just wanting, but I can't do that anymore with a living thing.

20. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

With the fish, I've been thinking for a while about saltwater tank. Something like a 55 gallon. I think it would be really cool. But expensive. At least a 500.00 start up not including the tank. Lol. I want to go all out if I do, an actual marine aquarium with different lighting though.