This Disappears When Logged In

your herp's enclosure pics

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MoLdYpOtAtOe, Dec 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoLdYpOtAtOe

MoLdYpOtAtOe Elite Member

Considering I am going to be building a new stackable system of tanks and some reguler tanks during the next "here and there" I am looking for any Pics of anyones enclosure of any herp's home.

Reason I'm looking for any herp tank pic is because I would be able to find more ideas and twist them up in to a new idea and trust me I have seen some creative and not so creative tanks before. I couldn't care less if it's just papertowels and a hide... Any thing will help me on building all of my herps new tanks.

So please, I beg of you! POST ANY PICS OF YOUR ENCLOSURES YOU HAVE!:) PLEASE!

2. Bitis Gabonica

Bitis Gabonica Elite Member

Here's a few of our set ups - they are not great pictures unfortunately but you can get an idea from them.. there's our cham cage, our rack in which we have our corn snakes, our BRBs, our cali king, a boa, 2 BPs and our blood python. Have also included a pic of our 6ft beardie tank and a shot of a few of our tanks that are downstairs. Can't really attach pics of every enclosure, since there are around 35 of them!! :p But i can describe some of them to you..

For most of our snakes we have newspaper as substrate, since it is cheap, easy to clean and readily available. For our smaller lizards we use paper towels, but for our larger lizards we use playsand. For some of the snakes we use aspen bedding, such as for the western hognoses, as they love to dig! And for our frogs we have carpet, we use soil and vermiculite in the tarantulas. I prefer the naturalistic look but for some of our snakes it is just impossible - it would take a lot of substrate and a lot of money and time to change the 7.5ft boa and 8.5ft python out every time they went to the toilet! :D We have a mixture of enclosures made out of glass, wood and plastic. The plastic ones prove the most useful for keeping humidity higher. I like the wooden ones best, although with the larger snakes it will need replacing due to the floor cracking under heat and moisture. Some of the enclosures were bought, some were made (by Joe, not me, i'm not good with tools!!) Eventually we would love to get some pro-racks cages, they are great and last a lifetime, although we will need to save up the pennies first!! :D

Good luck with building your cages. :)

Attached Files:

3. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Our terrariums

Here are ours:
    Talyn's is a custom made terrarium out of some type of acrylic board. The boxes on the top and bottom are siliconed together, the sides and front sliding doors are glass. It's easy to clean. It's really nicely done and looks like it would be easy to make another one now that I see how they did this one. This one holds humidity quite well. It has air vents along the front under the doors as well as on the top which you can cover to keep more humidity in.

Monty's is a regular all-glass terrarium with a strip of screen on the top and along the front just inside the doors. I built the black cabinet underneath to hold supplies and I also built the structure above to hide the lights and keep them off the glass.

Attached Files:

4. MoLdYpOtAtOe

MoLdYpOtAtOe Elite Member

Thanks! I wish more people would post. For now this helps me quite abit though.

5. KrokadilyanGuy3

KrokadilyanGuy3 Elite Member

6. CodyW

CodyW Elite Member

[​IMG]

If you wanna see the rack with all my tanks remind me after the holidays...I should have it done by then.

7. Matt_D_C

Matt_D_C Elite Member

I need to move in with Donna. lol

BTW Zane- that's awesome. lol

8. SpindleHead

SpindleHead Elite Member

Here is my Water Dragon enclosure...front is sliding plexiglas, everything else is 3/4 plywood, top and front top are screen. Yes that's a humidifier in there, it doesn't look nice but it does the job.

[​IMG]

Take care,
    Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.