This Disappears When Logged In

Your Experiences Buying Crickets from Online?

Discussion in 'Feeders' started by KatieMelancon, Jul 27, 2014.

1. KatieMelancon

KatieMelancon New Member

I want to buy some crickets for my toadlets. The pet stores don't have the right size crickets. I live in Port Arthur, TX.

So has anyone bought crickets from these sites recently or within the past few months? Any experiences would really help out, thanks everyone.

Ghann's.com, Flukerfarms.com, Mulberryfarms.com and Armstrongcrickets.com.

2. Bought 1000 through Amazon-wasn't amazon itself but a store through amazon. Anyways, about 25-30% were DOA, but they offered to give us a refund or discount off another shipment. The survivors were in good shape though and I used them to start my own cricket farm. Make sure where ever you buy them from, they have some sort of guarantee.

3. aromatherapykim

aromatherapykim Elite Member

May I suggest dubia instead of crickets? They don't smell they don't make noise and theyre not terrifying like you'd assume. More nutritious and definitely hold up better during shipping.
    Sorry I know I didn't answer your direct question but when I got started I got away from crickets as fast as possible so just a suggestion.
    Btw I live in Austin. I love to get to know Texas herpers!

4. KatieMelancon

KatieMelancon New Member

Nice to meet you, thanks for saving me from making the wrong choice there. I watched some videos on dubias and they are awesome. They seem calm and will just crawl around on your hand, and they also seem easier to care for. I will buy dubias instead. Have you bought dubia online? If so were from?