This Disappears When Logged In

You Know Your Herp is Part of the Family When..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cslammon, Dec 23, 2010.

1. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Or something like this?

MVC-001F.jpg MVC-003F.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

ha ha Merlin, when you take your herp to get their pic taken with santa/eater bunny/ holiday character of choice.

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

That was done at Petsmart several years ago. We had the ball pythons done at the same time.
    Santa was not impressed but went along with the gig.
    They have since added the disclaimer "Dogs and cats only" on the "Have Your Pet's Picture Taken with Santa" banner.

4. vega74

vega74 Elite Member

When your about to drive 25minutes an than 25 minutes back on Christmas day to let your iguana out for her afternoon poop.

5. Flint

Flint Elite Member

When you talk to your snakes non-stop when you are by the cage knowing full well they can't hear you.

6. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

When your herps have their own room, but guests have to sleep on the floor.

7. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

When no matter where you're driving to or from, you notice the perfect piece of wood in the trees or rock on the side of the road.

8. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

Wow all of these are awesome and most apply here at some point or another LOL I am famous for talking to my snakes, my daughter is always harassing me about it, but IO swear they pick up the vibration in my voice :D

...when you wake up on Christmas morning and wake up your reptiles before the kids...and make sure they are all fed,watered and pooper scooped before you see the family :D

.... when your grocery list starts out with crickets, mealworms, rats, greens.......

Hope everyone is enjoying their Holidays !!

9. mld

Excellent one, so true!
    I talk to mine also, they appreciate the attention I'm sure!

10. replover

replover Elite Member

When the only part of your house that you clean regularly are the enclosures...

11. Frognut

Frognut Subscribed User Premium Member

*snort* SOOO true!!! Last week I had fence contractor over, and after showing him my reptiles (he asked to see them all), I apologized about the messiness of the house, and he responded, "Well your cages are really clean, and that's what matters." :rolleyes: :eek:

My grocery list is slightly different...
    .... when you remind hubby to pick up generic bran cereal, carrots and greens for the roaches the next time he goes to the store (and forget the pop-tarts and yogurt your son asked you to remind him to get :">)

12. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

I am so guilty of that!:">

When you see someone with a small dog, and you think, or state aloud "My pet could eat your pet." (and you would be surprised how many people then assume you have a large and aggressive breed such as a pit bull or rottweiler.)

When the temperatures drop, instead of buying winter clothes for your family/self, you buy new UTH or CHE for your herps.

When you look at the bunnies at the pet store and say something like "Akasha's Birthday is coming up, I have to remember to get her a rabbit" and the store staff thinks Akasha is your daughter/sister/friend/niece, but give you dubious looks when you explain that Akasha is your boa, and that you like to give you snakes special treats on their birthdays.

The response time you have getting a sick herp to the vet is as good as or better than your response time for getting a sick family member to the doctor.

When visitors see your fridge and assume you are a health nut because of all the greens/vegetables you keep for your herbivorous herp

Your Christmas wish list is enclosures, supplies, etc, instead of video-game consoles, flat screen TVs or other normal things people ask for.

13. replover

replover Elite Member

Do you have any big lizards like iguanas or tegus etc.? Let them out to roam more often. It will make you clean your house more...

I've got another one:
    When you have a dripping faucet and you seriously consider NOT to have it fixed, in order to "increase the humidity".

14. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Do you have any big lizards like iguanas or tegus etc.? Let them out to roam more often. It will make you clean your house more...[/QUOTE]

My cats are bad enough!
    I sometimes leave my faucet on so the cats can drink, but now that you mention it, there is more than one good reason for it.

15. dawgy

dawgy Member

when you cuddle on the couch with them instead of your spouse :x

16. dawgy

dawgy Member

when you have more enclosures in your living room than furniture :)

17. Frognut

Frognut Subscribed User Premium Member

LOL! ... when your enclosure IS part of the furniture in your room (i.e. my coffee table tank). :D

18. mld

I just love your coffee table tank!
    Also there is the bed/enclosure in the making!

Also When the guy in the produce department of the grocery store knows you and goes out back to get you the fresher greens he knows your going to ask for.

19. Ninjaguy1987

Ninjaguy1987 Elite Member

When you give up feeding yourself fast food so that your animals can have a new cage.:)

20. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

When you do this for them on Christmas morning! LOL
    She loved it!

Attached Files: