This Disappears When Logged In

You Know You Have Too Many Reptiles When...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wyldrose, Apr 7, 2013.

1. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

A few of these I laughed so hard I choked. All very true.

2. Renouji

Renouji Elite Member

How about when the local pet shops are calling you because they got a new lizard or snake in they just know you must have for your collect/breeding stock, lol, or worse you base whether you're poor based on the fact of whether or not you can afford to buy that herp you just fell in love with...

3. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Or you go to the petshop to pick up feeders and are sent home with an aggressive dwarf hamster and a naked guinea pig with an eye infection! lol! The piggy went to live with a friend, who named him Harry Styles lol, and I'm hoping the hammy will breed with my girls or he'll be a snack!

4. Renouji

Renouji Elite Member

You definitely know you have too many reptiles when you goto the pet store to help a friend choose his first snake and the friend goes home empty handed but you have a new enclosure, setup and a ball python (this is how I got Thor lol) or you spend your money you have been saving up to buy a car for the said snake above -.-

5. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

You know you have too many reptiles when the contents of your grocery cart are worms, a bunch of veggies for reptiles, and ramen or Mac and cheese for you.

Or when you go to a furniture store looking for a new couch and go home with 3 cabinets perfect for enclosures. And resign you and your guests to sitting in camping chairs to watch tv.

6. brooksy

brooksy Elite Member

I totally do the grocery thing. But since I live with my fiancé(not into reptiles), I've learned to like all those odd greens so I can claim they are for me too on grocery trips haha. Collard greens, endives, dandelion greens have become a staple in my salads too.

7. Turner

Turner Elite Member

My mom thinks my Viper Gecko will eat her face off! She came over after I got my corn snake and was like "oh thats a pretth tank why is it empty?" Then lio popped her head out of her hide and my mom screamed like a 12 year old little girl....she hasn't been back over since...LOL

8. Releep

Releep Elite Member

You Know You Have Too Many Reptiles When... You are having to play catch up with naming the snakes.

That would be my in laws lol I they stay as far away from the snake cages as possible until they hear me say "honey have you seen (insert snake name here) he/she isn't in the cage" that always gets me laughing hard.

9. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

My Mother inlaw is not scared of snakes :( lol!
    I have 4 kids so someone always has an idea for names!

10. diehardislanders

diehardislanders Elite Member

... when... herpcenter is your facebook

11. Turner

Turner Elite Member

Best one haha!

12. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

When you think you have to many so you come to Herp center to look at other peoples lists of reptiles to find one with more then you!!! lol

13. Khelmoria

Khelmoria Elite Member

Oh my some of these are hilarious...
    I guess I am the odd one out, I am not addicted....... or okay lets be honest I DO WANT more snakes but I just do not think I could care for more than one. I wish I could have a pair but I would want to keep all of the babies!
    I suppose having five sons, working full time and having more hobbies than I can manage might do something to curb the addiction.
    I really want a pit viper (I live in the desert I love their cute little heads) but that is never going to happen.....so yeah I am fine with just the one snakey.

14. diehardislanders

... most of us were at one point

15. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Yep! I wanted "Just one" Ball python I have 8 now :) lol!

16. Ripkabird98

Ripkabird98 Elite Member

Amen to that. My poison is Turtle, Tortoises, and Lizards.

I said my pair of boxies was ALL I needed.
    Now look at my reptile list (and it isn't even updated0

17. Khelmoria

Khelmoria Elite Member

OH NO!!! I guess I have to stay away from reptile shows and pet stores....good thing for amazon...

18. diehardislanders

Wow Ripka! I just saw your reptile list. Im going to start calling you Tia jr lol.

19. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

What??? I resemble that mark!

20. diehardislanders

Lol you sure do.