This Disappears When Logged In

You Know You Have Too Many Reptiles When...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wyldrose, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Your deep freezer is jam packed full!!
    Just picked up 100 more rats and mice today, so I "think" I have about 500 rats, mice, hamsters, asfs, bunnies and chicks in my freezer. I think I'm good for a while!! Might need a bigger freezer!!!

2. Khelmoria

Khelmoria Elite Member

What eats rabbits and hamsters? just wondering... My husband loves bunnies so I hide all the bunny eating posts. I do not think my corn will get that big right?!

3. Zappa230

Zappa230 Elite Member

When you need a bigger freezer, you can find some nice ones on eBay and Craigslist for pretty cheep.

4. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

My boa is on bunnies now, my one male ball python only ate dwarf hamsters, but he takes rats now so I'll use them to fatten up my female corns after they lay eggs :)
    I love my rabbits too, but they serve a dual purpose, pets and food :)

5. PetMother

PetMother Elite Member

I see a bigger freezer in your future. My hubby thinks I have one too many reptiles already when I only have one. Just him wait till I get back from the expo here in 3 weeks. :)

6. rimridge

rimridge Well-Known Member

My adult corns never turn down a pinky rabbit.

7. Zappa230

Zappa230 Elite Member

You husband may or may not be a bit surprised IF you ever come back from the expo! I know people who went to expos without ANY plans of buying ANYTHING and they came back with new pets. One family came home with a crested gecko for all 5 of their kids. And the other family came home with a rose-hair tarantula. They live back in Virginia, where I used to live, and we all lost contact, so, I hope their pets do good.

8. aiden_punx

aiden_punx Elite Member

I went to my first expo not planning to buy. Came home with 1.2 P. imperator and 1.1 royal pythons.

9. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

I have not been to a show yet lol! I was planning on going to the spring show, while I was in the city to meet my new great niece. But now that the girls are in child welfairs custody(my niece prefers drugs over her babies...) so now there is no point to go... Well except for going to kick someone's butt!!
    Hopefully I can get to the fall show!!!

Feeding day will be fun, trying to sort through 20 some baggies of forzen rodents to make sure everyone gets the right size!!

10. cassicat4

cassicat4 Subscribed User Premium Member

Ohh Susan the spring show is going to be great! You should plan a weekend trip out of it...you know, day 1, pick up new acquisitions from someone on Kijiji, day 2, spend hours at show, day 3 take new Kijiji AND show acquisitions home... ;)

I didn't plan on getting anything at the last show...didn't even have any spare enclosures on hand or anything to tempt me...then ended up taking home another crested gecko. I vow to have better resolve at the next expo. ;)

11. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Fall show has a snake hopefully waiting for me!!
    Gary from Crazy Colubrids managed to get his butter corn to breed with a banana cal king. She just laid her eggs this staurday so I am waiting to get atleast a male out of that! They are going to be awesome looking animals. The caramel from the butter will make them have a gold shine and the pattern of the cali king... My butter girl will be ready to breed next year too lol!

12. Khelmoria

Khelmoria Elite Member

OH my!!! please don't tell my husband.

13. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Don't worry you don't need to feed pinky rabbits. I was told they can live on adult mice or small rats just fine.

14. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

I tried rats with my corns I found them too fatty! I'll give my gravid and post lay girls rat fuzzies to fatten them up a bit :)

15. Turner

Turner Elite Member

I have a love/hate relationship with expos....I LOVE everything I see, and I HATE that my husband is there with me and refuses to let me get all of them...*sigh* Maybe I'll go alone to the next one :-"

16. PetMother

PetMother Elite Member

I don't think he cares as long as I don't bring home a snake. He's terrified of them and I have no idea why. I have even tried to educate him on how awesome they are, but he is still scared of them. :(

17. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

You know you have too many reptiles when its all you think about and people around you start getting them too. And best yet, you have more selection than your local zoo. Lol

My mother is going with me Sunday to reptile show. Im trying to talk her into taking one of the beardies I have coming. We all have 0 intentions of buying any though. I'm not sure I have room after tommorrow. I do have an empty cage that is 8x4x4, not sure I want another giant though.

My sister in law is taking one of our snakes though. Her daughter desperately wants one and since she knows mine are docile... She's been researching for almost a year.

Crazy addicting hobby.

18. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Uh Huh! Boy have I heard THAT one before!

19. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

Lol i've even said that before. One of 2 things will happen. Either my mother won't let me, or shell fall in love with one and tell me its only $xxx (insert amount). I'm technically going for feed though.

20. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

When I get to the fall show the hybrid male will be prepaid, I plan to pre pay for my male basicaly as soon as he hatches in like 50-55 days!
    Then I plan on only bringing a small amount of cash with me($200-300 max, depends on how well/fast this years hatchlings sell). I do want a woma python and a male hypo leo. Kid still wants a spider too(ugg...)