This Disappears When Logged In

You Know Own and Love a Herp When...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Midori, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Swimmer522

Swimmer522 Elite Member

Almost forgot one....

When you share stories with people about stories that you heard from HerpCenter by starting off with..... "*insert user here* said *insert story*

(Alot of which include stories or information from mld) :D

2. BeckyJ

BeckyJ Elite Member

Which stores did you hit in PDX? I've been dying to take a trip down there myself to hit some of the pet and aquarium stores.

3. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

When you are out of town/state for 10 days with NO phone reception or internet service (TRUE STORY), and when you can FINALLY call your wife you ask if the snakes are ok and if the large female boa has given birth yet: THEN you ask how the wife and son are.

Your next door neighbors know you remove snakes, but are clueless that there is a small reptile zoo 15 feet from them (I own my home and all my snakes are legal to keep,but I know the neighbors sleep better at night being totally oblivious, lol)

4. gapeachkatie

gapeachkatie Elite Member

When your Friday and Saturday nights revolve around the lizard's schedule for feeding, handling, and bed time. lol

5. Swimmer522

Swimmer522 Elite Member

I went to pets on broadway and rose city reptiles. (I wouldn't reccomend rose city)

6. Swimmer522

Swimmer522 Elite Member

When you meet the people who live in other apartments ONLY because they have a turtle outside with them

7. Kushun

Kushun Elite Member

When your mother has a heart attack when she opens the freezer to find pinkies inside without her consant.

and my dad told me to post this one,

When your in-laws wont come over cause they are afraid of snakes and lizards.

8. Flint

Flint Elite Member

When you leave for a reptile expo 2 hours away, your dad tells you drive safe, your step-mom says NO MORE SNAKES!!!!

...and you sneak back in the next day with the biggest one yet.

9. sixfootbunny

sixfootbunny Active Member

When you go to an expo and tell yourself no! You will not get anything.....you always come back with a new family member....:D

10. Renouji

Renouji Elite Member

got a cpl more...

When your in-laws that you live with have no clue your breeding roaches in their bedroom closet!!! (true story im so homeless when they find out (<.<))

when you keep trying to save 150$ to fix your laptop and keep on spending it for bigger tanks new supplies or a new reptile!!! (true story my poor laptop has been in distress from being broken for a year now (@.@);; )

11. Midori

Midori Elite Member

Well all and all this could be a good thing yes? :p

12. Flint

Flint Elite Member

When you get the best grade you've EVER gotten on an in-class essay (I'm a good writer, but my mind locks up when I write in class for some reason. this one had no negative marks, just a perfect score and a "Zack, excellent essay!") and you know the reason is the essay was an analysis of a poem about a snake :)

The poem is "Snake" by D. H. Lawrence by the way. I liked it, it tells about a man who sees a venomous snake and struggles with obeying his culture which expects him to kill it, while he is also fascinated with the beauty of it and just wants to watch it.

13. Iggysmommie

Iggysmommie Elite Member

Going to the store and buying groceries = $50
    Cooking dinner for family = 20 mins
    Spending 3 hours pre-making salad for your herps = priceless

14. gazjd

gazjd Elite Member

when pay day arrives and the first thing you think is "what can i buy my herp(s)!"

15. David McConley

When you drive 2.5 hours to reptile expos and your wife gives you a $50.00 spending allowance...and you try to mentally figure out which snake you can get for $42.50 or less so you can afford the animal AND the taxes.

Your resume is looked upon as an oddity because no one can figure out what the heck Herpetolgy is and why anyone would have an interest in herps.

16. David McConley

Oops, stupid phone!!!! That SHOULD read Herpetology...not Herpetolgy! Sorry folks.

17. Medium

Medium Elite Member

When all you say all day long is "I see you" LOL!

18. Kushun

Kushun Elite Member

When you walk into your house holding a box and both of your parents are standing there at the door asking what reptile your bought this time.

19. gapeachkatie

gapeachkatie Elite Member

When the people at the pet store ask how the animals are by name and automatically ask "Which type of worms this week?"

The only reason you strike up conversation with someone is because they have herp related tattoo or article of clothing on.

20. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

Your kinda "known" to be the "reptile freak" "animal freak" and people bring you found Russian Torts in a cardboard box right at your back door! Hahaha!