This Disappears When Logged In

You Know Own and Love a Herp When...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Midori, Jul 10, 2011.

1. ksola

ksola Elite Member

when every time you pick one up you cant help but smile

2. Flint

Flint Elite Member

When children at the preschool you work at make paintings for your ball python. Not for you, but for your ball python lol.

When you're feeling down and stressed, and 20lbs of boa on your shoulders suddenly makes you feel like everythings gonna be okay :)

3. gapeachkatie

gapeachkatie Elite Member

When you are putting sun block on your godchild/child and hear "Why do I have to wear it, but the lizard doesn't!?!?"

Or, friends come over at specific times so that they can watch your reptile's meal time or bath time.

4. Renouji

Renouji Elite Member

Or people come over with mice/rats for your snakes hoping its feeding time :p (happens every week here I never have to buy food for my babys lol)

5. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

When you contemplate unplugging the fridge to make room for yet another heat lamp!
    But you worry the rats will go bad!

6. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

Snake bites to you are just another "photo opportunity".

You have bumper stickers that say "The only good snake is a LIVE snake" & "I brake for snakes"!

Your family buys you cage cleaning supplies for birthdays,anniversaries,and Christmas.

Your 4 year old son's daycare teachers BEG you to come to "Show &Tell" and bring the BIIIIIIG snake (Burmese python) so all the kids can get pictures...the teachers love it too.

7. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Wish I could find something like that here! Too cool!

8. Iggysmommie

Iggysmommie Elite Member

When your neighbors come over and ask you to pick out what branches you want so they wont turn them into firewood.

9. David McConley

Michele, next time I go to a show, I'll see if they have any. If they do I'll get you one of each. ;)

10. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Really! :D I'll send you the money for them, don't worry i'll make sure it's US currency, I'm sure you don't want out funny colourful money from here even though I think our money is beautiful!

11. teach920

teach920 Subscribed User Premium Member

There is no doubt about that fact...in fact, when I was up their last year, I actually made a point of getting and keeping quite a few of the different denominations,.. just because I thought they looked so nice.....maybe not very economical considering what I spent to do it.... but well worth it in my opinion....I just rationalize it by thinking.......It's the same as if I bought some art;)

12. BeckyJ

BeckyJ Elite Member

When you 6yo daughter brings you a magnet that says "I love my cat" and asks you to buy it and you reply that you will consider it if she can find one that says "I love my herp".

When your grocery list starts with Mice and Crickets.

13. Flint

Flint Elite Member

When you're planning out the month's finances, you add up all the things you'll need for your herps, then make everything else fit.

14. gapeachkatie

gapeachkatie Elite Member

agreed, but its more like "check and order all the herp supplies the first week of the month, and then see what you will be able to afford the rest of the month.

15. David McConley

I don't care if it is Canadian...my Father-in-law and I were at the Canadian side of Niagara Falls yesterday. We exchanged some of our currency for Canadian and used it to rake the tour going behind the Falls and had lunch at the Secret Garden Cafe'. It certainly is beautiful there. Is the rest of Canada that pretty,or is that just tourism in action?

16. Renouji

Renouji Elite Member

canada itself is just beautiful, ive been trying to save enough to move there for years :(

17. Midori

Midori Elite Member

Your mom helps you give your lizard a shot every 3 days. Because the vet thinks it'll help her feel better faster. Rather then giving the meds orally.

18. Frognut

Frognut Subscribed User Premium Member

You have a special "Rat Pan" used exclusively for heating up the snakes dinner. (And a "Reptile Baster" - for syphoning off the water from the amphibian enclosure)

Your Holiday card has more 'critter' pictures than family pictures on it.

It's a special moment when a friend brings you a beautiful rock back from a kayak trip - because it would look great in my snake tank.

19. LizardCrazyCelt

LizardCrazyCelt Elite Member

You are more worried about the lack of heat for your herps than your food in the fridge going bad when the power goes out...

You have to make sure that the pet sitter isn't squeamish of bugs, or the lizards themselves...

You are constantly trying to figure out how to make more space while increasing the size of enclosures, or adding more...

The only thing that you can remember from your shopping list is greens and your beardie's favorite fruit.

You spend more money on your critters' enclosure/furniture than you do your own.

You are the first person that your friends contact when they have/find a herp in need of a new home.

20. Swimmer522

Swimmer522 Elite Member

When you only text your roommate (while you are out of town) to see how you lizards are and if the eggs have hatched....

When you look up the times of all the reptile stores on the way home from your road trip becuase you just realized that you were out of crickets....

When you will go out an hour out of your way to go to a pet store in a city you are visiting.... ( all of the last three really happened this last weekend when I went to Portland)

When you skip breakfast because you got up late and you only had time to feed your lizards before work...

When you spend your entire lunch break running down to the pet store to get a treat for your snake.....

When you clean out your storage units and shove the stuff just randomly into the closet to make room for feeder colonies... (Totally did... half of my room is in bags)