This Disappears When Logged In

Yoshi's Tank V3.0

Discussion in 'Vivariums' started by cslammon, Aug 2, 2010.

1. cslammon

cslammon Elite Member

This is the 3rd time (I think?! haha) I re-arranged or added some things. I like to keep posting up the new things I do to help people in the future with ideas. So without further ado, Yoshi's tank!

th_107.jpg
    c6de448f.jpg
    e24934e5.jpg

Edit - Took advice from Kriminaal and put it in a more permanent spot "temporarily" haha. Drilled a hole in the top and put it through there.
    3acab30c.jpg
    7be09a9d.jpg

He seems to be LOVING it, he sits right underneath it and he is the brightest green I've seen him in a very long time. Not to mention he seems much more active

The fogger is a walgreens brand humidifier, and I just took some 5/8th hose that I had, super glued it to the nozzle where the mist comes out, and wallah! I added some duct tape just for extra measure. This seems to do quite a great job. If you have any questions feel free to PM me! I would also love suggestions, and your comments! Thanks guys!

Not sure if this will work here - http://www.facebook.com/v/1409840763258

Attached Files:

2. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

If that's the type of humidifier that holds a bottle in upright, you should be able to get a fitting to attach your hose.
    I'm not sure if the bottle sits on top or turns in though.
    One suggestion I would have is to reroute the hose in somewhere more permanently sealed.
    This will help maintain humidity levels more adequately.

3. cslammon

cslammon Elite Member

That is the exact type that it is. Bottle goes in upside down to keep water in it (You can just fill it with water and not have the bottle on it, you just have to block off the area where the bottle would be). I will be routing it alot more cleaner with the new tank I'm building.

4. cslammon

cslammon Elite Member

Oh jeez dilemma already, he knocked down the hygrometer I had into the water, now I have none! Should I just turn off the fogger at night, or leave it on low? It shuts itself off when its out of water, so I'm not sure. I guess I just need a new hygrometer (already got a new one from ebay on the way), but untill then what do you guys think?

Day time while I'm away - On medium
    While I'm home afternoon - High
    Night time while we're asleep - Low

Sound good?

5. Orca

Orca Elite Member

Looks awesome! Yoshi seems like he is helping you show it off :)

6. cslammon

cslammon Elite Member

Thanks alot =]

7. cslammon

cslammon Elite Member

b79920cb.jpg

Seems to be working quite well?

Attached Files:

8. HydroDragon

HydroDragon Elite Member

Looks good. I was going to use one of these with my CWD too, but his cage is so large i didnt think it would really have much effect.

I did on the other hand pick one up for my crested gecko enclosure and it does a good job boosting the humidity up in a short time.

9. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Great job, Yoshi looks great too. What a cutie:D
    Is the hygrometer fixable if it dries out? That sucks

10. cslammon

cslammon Elite Member

Yeah actually I took the battery out and left it out for a few hours, then stuck it in and just left it in, few hours later it was working Haha.

11. cslammon

cslammon Elite Member

He knocked it back in haha now it's shot for sure

12. Gator

Gator Member

looks cool makes me wanna get my hands dirty and build something