This Disappears When Logged In

Yoshi's New Home

Discussion in 'Enclosures' started by cslammon, Feb 14, 2010.

1. cslammon

cslammon Elite Member

After putting it off for so long, I finally came around to finishing up the tank I've been wanting to build for so long. Yoshi (my CWD) just moved into her new home, and seems pretty happy about it! I turned my old dresser into the viv, which should house her for another year or two, untill I will build another 3 foot extension to put right on top of this one to make it around 6 feet in height.

DSCI0001-1.jpg
    DSCI0002-3.jpg
    DSCI0003-2.jpg
    DSCI0004-2.jpg
    DSCI0006-1.jpg
    DSCI0007-1.jpg
    DSCI0009.jpg
    DSCI0010.jpg

The only thing I have to do now is buy a few more digital gauges, add the waterfall, and hook up a misting system. Let me know what you guys think!

Edit - heres the thread when I started working on the setup, theres pics on page 1 and 2.

http://www.herpcenter.com/general-construction/21702-building-wd-cage-pics.html

Attached Files:

2. 09agleb

09agleb Elite Member

oooo I really like that! i was thinking of converting my 5ft high dresser also but still am thinking about it, it would be a lot cheaper too, i really like how u made an open area for basking =)

3. cslammon

cslammon Elite Member

I say you do it. Its structurally sound and will hold heat well.

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

It looks great!

5. avoidtheboyd

avoidtheboyd Elite Member

If i ever get like a chameleon or maybe a gecko that can climb im probably gonna do the same but the thing i want to convert is pretty tall but not very wide

6. cslammon

cslammon Elite Member

Thanks merlin! I just broke the uva/uvb bulb on the bottom this morning because it didn't turn on, so I tried tightening it and it bursted. =[ I just emailed MegaRay because I can't see where i'm supposed to order it from. The top uvb tube will have to do untill I get the megaray =[

7. cslammon

cslammon Elite Member

Had to play with the lighting a bit, got home and the basking area was at 130! Ambient was in the low 100's, coldest was 90. Now I have it at around 100 for basking, 85-87 ambient, and coolest part is 78. She seems to be loving it though. Im SHOCKED at how amazingly this thing holds humidity! I sprayed it a few times and it hit 90% and it's been in the high 80's now for about 20 minutes.

8. Johnny

Johnny Elite Member

Wow, that's pretty impressive and it'll be 6 feet, too? It's hard to imagine an enclosure almost as tall as I am, I'm used to 20 gallon tanks!

9. Ashuresque

Ashuresque Elite Member

That is a gorgeous viv! I love the homemade ones :) So much time and effort into such a beautiful product!

10. cslammon

cslammon Elite Member

Thanks guys! I might even start from scratch and make a really nice one