This Disappears When Logged In

Yet Another Forum Newbie!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Salient, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Salient

Salient New Member

Greetings all,

Stumbled on this site while searching google for 'cage' furniture for a rescued male beardie. :)

I was hoping he'd be able to live in a large enclosure I have set up for our 1 year old female but she spent a day chasing him around and generally making him miserable.. poor guy.

(Yeah, I know that normally they'd only be in the same tank for breeding but I was hoping to put off having to make a huge expenditure right away... oh well!).

I'm hoping to find some nice 'stuff' that isn't the run of the mill zoo med/exo terra reptile habit furniture.

2. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Welcome to Herp Center!

3. Salient

Salient New Member

Thank you kind sir!

4. Drache Dame

Drache Dame Elite Member

Welcome to HC! I'm glad you stumbled upon us, and glad that you're doing research. We love pics! :)

5. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

You'd be surprised how much cage furniture you can make yourself a lot cheaper than the junk you buy at the pet stores and sites.

Scavenge some wood, branches, and rocks from your yard or areas nearby. Hit your local landscaper business for slate or flagstones. Much cheaper.

Anything you find can be cleaned with diluted bleach, or in the case of wood, baked in the oven at low temps if it will fit.

6. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

Welcome to HC! :)

7. Jacqui

Jacqui Elite Member

Welcome! Good luck with the new guy...and the cage building. A lot more enjoyment from seeing them in something you made rather than buying it (not to mention the money savings). :)

8. teach920

teach920 Subscribed User Premium Member

Welcome to HC,
    (And what you wrote reminded me of my own experience....Citrus, my female Beardie, went ballistic on Robby, my rescued male, the first time they met each other....granted I had them in separate cages from the get-go, but when I took them both outside for their first "outside time" together I figured because of the large area they would be ok.....WRONG...lol...., Citrus evidently wanted to show him she was "Queen of this Home/Yard" and she initially chased/aggravated him to no end......poor little guy.....he didn't know what to do :D
    Eventually they worked it out, and they got along just fine the last time they were outside together.....(we shall see if that remains the case when it gets warm enough again to start that back up..)
    Again, welcome to HC, and Good Luck in your hunt for some enclosure items....(as for me, I've found that craigslist.com is a great resource for temporary homes until a better one can be made/purchased.......seems someone is always trying to get rid of an old aquarium or something....)

Connie

9. Orca

Orca Elite Member

Welcome :)

10. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

Welcome to HCN!