This Disappears When Logged In

Yes I Am a Newby

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by MrSquiggsmom, Mar 27, 2012.

1. MrSquiggsmom

MrSquiggsmom Member

Hey All, my name is Shannon. I am a new owner of a Gargoyle Gecko (Squiggs) I found this site a few days ago when looking for a community that shared interest in the reptile world. I had made one post and had a great response. Mary was very helpful in pointing my thread toward the right people. So far everyone has been very friendly. I live in Colorado and have a 4 yr old daughter, (Squiggs is HER first pet). We also have two dogs. An American Bulldog and an English Mastiff. I grew up mostly with dogs and had an iguana at one point, along with a pig, a rooster, guieni pigs, rabbits, hamsters, an so on an so forth. Since I have gotten Squiggs I have definately become more knowledgable about the care of these guys. Its a lot more than expected but they are not high maintanence. I really think I am going to enjoy this new little guy/girl. Any advice is always going to be helpful so if any one out there comes across new info or something they think is helpful I am open.

Thanks and Hello!

2. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Hi Shannon, Nice to have you join us! :D

3. BarelyBreathing

BarelyBreathing Elite Member

Hello, fellow Colorado person.

4. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

Welcome to Herp Center

5. justor

justor Elite Member

Greetings Shannon. Hope you enjoy your stay!

6. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Welcome Shannon!

7. MrSquiggsmom

MrSquiggsmom Member

I need to make one Edit. MICHELLE MICHELLE MICHELLE, not Mary. I am so sorry!! I realized as soon as I posted. You can call a total fail boat on that one. I apologize!

8. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Some days I feel like a Mary! lol;)

9. Michaelangelo

Michaelangelo Elite Member

Haha. Welcome to Herp Center. Have you posted pics on any previous thread yet?

10. MrSquiggsmom

MrSquiggsmom Member

Yes I have some photos on the a thread about my Geckos tail. I also have some photos up in my album as well! Great looking Gecko. Its colors darken at night and during the day Squiggs is almost white with a red hue and the stripes are almost invisible

11. Jeninpa76

Jeninpa76 Elite Member

I know what you mean about having to do a ton of research! It is crazy how anybody can just walk in & buy any reptile in a pet store & they just hand it over without either telling you anything or giving you the wrong info! I bought a Ball Python & it came with a 29 gallon tank & tiny under the tank heater. Poor thing didn't eat for 6 weeks because I had soooo much stuff to figure out & get just right! I spent hours & hours researching & reading stuff here & he/she is now doing awesome!

12. Michaelangelo

Michaelangelo Elite Member

Minimum wage is not the proper incentive for employees to make sure they have their facts right, nor is the pet trade (On a large scale) interested in anything but business. Beautiful gargoyle gecko by the way. Incredible pattern and absolutely stunning.

13. MrSquiggsmom

MrSquiggsmom Member

Thank You! Quiet calm to.