This Disappears When Logged In

Yertle the Turtle

Discussion in 'Turtles' started by 9999, Jul 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 9999

9999 New Member

OK I have a problem with my 17 year old Slider...I went away for a few days and when I came home she was without her heat lamp, not sure how long,but it couldn't have been more than 24 hours.
    My neighbor was watching her and said she seemed fine. She was submerged under the water for two days ,at first I thought she might be laying eggs, but no fruit.
    I then took her out of her habitat and noticed she was unable to move her front flippers, they were frozen solid. I warmed her in the sun for a few hours and she perked up. However my younger turtle would not leave her alone so I separated them.
    Yertle (elder) was unable to move herself on and off the rock so I sat up with her all night submerging her in the water every hour on the hour.
    She finally fell asleep (Thank goodness) and so did I . When I got up she was off her rock in the water and she seemed a lil bit better. I feed her some kale, chicken and bannanas,which she ate.She is still not really able to utilize her front flippers.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what my girl is going through??!! I would greatly appreciate any input!!!
    Thanx ...Tina

2. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

not a clue - you'll wanna get her to a good herp vet - if she has any form of paralysis, the vet can tell you why.

3. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

How long do RES turtles live?

4. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

most freshwater turts can hit 30+ in captivity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.