This Disappears When Logged In

Yellow Belly or Normal?

Discussion in 'Ball Pythons' started by afulghum, Nov 10, 2014.

1. afulghum

afulghum New Member

I purchased this female as a yellow belly, but she's looking more like a very pretty, flamed-up normal to me. She doesn't seem to have a yellowy tint to her color and her belly is pretty white, but she does have flames up and down her body and the checkered belly pattern.
    What do you guys think?

IMG_0647.jpg IMG_0657.jpg IMG_0646.jpg

2. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

She looks like a yellow belly to me. YB's have a yellow outline around the alien heads and flames like that.
    Where did you buy it? If its from a well trusted breeder it is what they say it is.

3. afulghum

afulghum New Member

Well it was at a table at Repticon about a year ago, so I don't remember which breeder it was, but the guy really didn't seem so sure about her. He even asked another guy at their table if "she looked like she had some yellow belly in her." But I mean, I didn't originally buy her for breeding purposes, so it didn't matter to me what she was. Now I really want to breed out some ivorys, and that's why I'm here! Thanks for your input, Wyldrose.

4. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

I would pick up an ivory and test her out that way :) YB is one of those kind of blah on its own, but mix it with anything and its amazing :)

5. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

Best bet is to just prove it out through breeding. As Wyldrose said, YB isn't much on it's own. And ivorys and BELs have come down in price so much they can be had fairly easy.