This Disappears When Logged In

Yellow bellied cooter/red eared slider mix?

Discussion in 'Turtles' started by Ssativa, Apr 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ssativa

Ssativa Subscribed User Premium Member

Here are the two turtles that moved into my pond. The red-eared slider male showed up first and then the female, still unidentified, showed up. They mated and I have 4 babies to prove it. All of the babies look like normal red-eared sliders. The female looks to me like a cross breed between a yellow bellied cooter and a red eared slider. She has the yellow zigzag on both sides of her head, but she has the red ears too. I would like to hear some of your opinins because I've never really heard of a mixed species of turtle. Here are some pics.
    Here is the female and male together
    [​IMG]

Here is the male
    [​IMG]

Female again
    [​IMG]

and here she is again.
    [​IMG]

What do you think?

2. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

What a cutie!

3. venus

venus Founding Member

I'm not totally sure but I think there are 2 different markings for red ear sliders,,,they both may be just that, lol...But they are cute and huge

4. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

The female's just exhibiting an unusually thick yellow stripe, but she's still 100% red-eared slider ;)

5. Ssativa

Ssativa Subscribed User Premium Member

Thanks Furryscaley for clearing that up. I think that she is really pretty. I hope some of the babies develop a yellow strip like hers. I've adopted out one of the babies to someone I work with. I got to see the pond that Rafeal, the baby turtle, will be living in and it is beautiful and large which will be necessary as he grows. I couldn't ask for a better home for my little guy. One down, and three more to go. I hope I can find them all as good of a home as Rafeal got.

6. stook36

stook36 New Member

actually cooters and red eared sliders can breed here are some of the babys to prove it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    here are the parents
    [​IMG]
    the babys are free to good home just pay shipping. these are not my turtles but heres the link to the person who owns them.
    http://www.turtletimes.com/Forums/index.php?showtopic=39701

7. stook36

stook36 New Member

heres one from last years batch of babies
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.