This Disappears When Logged In

Yellow Anacondas

Discussion in 'Snakes - General' started by wgnelson, Oct 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wgnelson

wgnelson Elite Member

While waiting for the Red Sox game against Tampa to come on, I turned on the show Animal Planet. The researcher was in Venezuela collecting and studying Anacondas. They had a Yellow Anaconda wrapped around prey (it was carrion), and that snake is absolutely the "cat's meow" in beauty! They also came upon a large Green Anaconda that was basking in the sun, to incubate the babes inside her. They had a portable ultrasound, and you could see the juveniles inside her, developing! Amazing footage. That Yellow Anaconda is one beautiful snake! [as of this posting time; the Rays are up 5-0, in the top of the 5th. Say goodnight Red Sox!]

2. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

The Yellows are very nice. I believe they stay smaller than the Greens do.
    I don't like seeing Greens at shows. Selling to just anyone who thinks they are cute.

3. wgnelson

wgnelson Elite Member

Yes they do. I think it was stated that the Yellows only get to about 8 to 9 feet. Of course the Greens are the Worlds longest I believe, and the Reticulated Python is the heaviest.(someone correct me if I'm wrong, I may have it reversed!) I'd love to see one of those Yellows close up and personal. They look amazing!

4. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Yep you're right.

edit( I wasn't right--stupid moment)

5. wgnelson

wgnelson Elite Member

I have to update this in case anyone missed it! I thought they were all done!!! The Sox came back in the 7th inning and went one to win 8-7. (so much for me being loyal!)

6. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

You have it backwards. The retic is the longest but the green anaconda is the heaviest. The green anacondas can get really massive!
    And the yellows do not get as big as the green but are still a handful of large nasty tempered snake!
    Definitely NOT for the newby!

7. wgnelson

wgnelson Elite Member

Merlin; Do you know of anyone on this site or personally that has a Yellow Anaconda, and if so how about some real nice pics. I would like also to have every one turn onto the Animal Planet channel once in a while. They have some great documentaries on all the time.

8. Typhanie

Typhanie Elite Member

I've seen green anacondas in pet stores, like you said, sold to anyone who thinks it's a cute little snake. I highly, highly disagree with doing that. I also don't think they should sell retics or burms in pet stores. They get too big and too many people end up abusing them or releasing them.

But what can you do?

9. Merlin

We did have a member who had a small yellow but he hasn't been on in a while.
    Do a search for anaconda and look for posts by "Crash Reborn"

10. wgnelson

wgnelson Elite Member

I just did a Google search and saw some great pics, and other related stories of other snakes and reptiles.

11. wgnelson

wgnelson Elite Member

We all have those moments, and don't let anyone tell you they don't!!!

12. Merlin

Isn't THAT the truth!:rolleyes:

13. Brewster320

Brewster320 Elite Member

I remember reading some where that a 20' anaconda can weigh more than a 33' python, that's one massive snake.

14. Merlin

Yes they do get a bit,....bulky!

15. MoogleBass

MoogleBass Kittes are so nice! Premium Member

Yup. Retics though have condas beat on beauty :p

16. Merlin

I'll grant you THAT one Nate!! Retics are gorgeous.
    I never was particularly attracted to the condas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.