This Disappears When Logged In

Yellow Anaconda

Discussion in 'Boas *General*' started by TuckerSnakes, Jan 9, 2013.

1. TuckerSnakes

TuckerSnakes New Member

i live in CT and want to get a yellow anaconda but cant find anyone to sell me one. Anyone have any ideas? stinks they wont sell accross state lines. I had one years ago and loved it and want another one.

thanks.

2. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

What happened to the one you had years ago? With the news in place your best bet will likely be a reptile show or private breeder. Breeders outside of CT would be foolish to sell across state lines as it would impact their business directly.

3. Zappa230

Zappa230 Elite Member

You sure that's a good idea?

4. skelly98

skelly98 Elite Member

You know how big these get,right? these are not beginner snakes. If you want a large, cool snake i would look at a corn snake , and if that does not cut it for you, a ball python. But not an anaconda, they are not usually friendly.

If all you want is a snake, then just get a ball or a corn.

5. CornyBoa

CornyBoa Active Member

Black water reptiles sells them for about 160 a piece. Since you've had one before I assume you know what your getting yourself into. Males get anywhere between 9-14 feet and females are generally larger than males. If your not prepared for that get a red tail boa or a ball python, I feel that a cornsnake isn't as similiar to an anaconda as it is part of the boa family and a cornsnake is a colubrid, not a large boa. I got a cornsnake as my first snake and while it is a great beginner snake I do like boas and pythons more! Hope that helps.