This Disappears When Logged In

Yeah!!! I Finally Got One!!

Discussion in 'Common/Red Tail Boa' started by MadDog, Dec 5, 2009.

1. MadDog

MadDog Elite Member

Well my parents went Christmas shopping today and went ahead and got me and my brother an early Christmas present. He got a Nintendo DS. I finally got a boa constrictor!! I think I came out on the better end. I believe she is a BCI but I'm not for sure. I will post pictures soon. She was from one of the broods from a local reptile shop. I am already in love with her. They sexed her and they also said she was born in July. She ate today at the reptile store, which is awesome. I can't wait for her to turn into an 8-10 foot snake!! I have been waiting patiently for my parents to get me one and now my wishes have been granted.lol I named her Kaa, even though the snake off of the Jungle Book was suppose to be a reticulated python and a guy.

2. MadDog

MadDog Elite Member

Well, I really enjoy having a snake that I don't have to worry about darting away. I have had my boa out a couple of times today. When I go to put her back into the 30 gallon she is in right now, she tries to climb back up my arm to get back out. It is adorable. I do have some bad news though. I believe she came with a respiratory infection!! While she breathes I hear a popping sound and this morning I saw a bubble form and then pop from either her mouth or her nostrils. The front of her mouth looks like it might be a little swollen, but I can't tell. I will try to get pics of it. We are going to talk to the reptile shop and then take her to a vet. I hope she gets well. I am so worried!! I am about ready to pull my hair out.

3. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

Congratulations on the early Christmas gift. If she has an RI it hopefully is not too advanced and just a vet visit with some medication and bumped up heat will take care of it. Keep us posted.

4. EaZyBaKe0vEn

EaZyBaKe0vEn Elite Member

Merry Christmas and Congratulations! Show us some pictures of your awesome gift! :p

5. MadDog

MadDog Elite Member

Thanks guys. I will be sure to keep y'all updated. Pics are coming very soon.

6. MadDog

MadDog Elite Member